Winchester model 70

6.5x284norma

I have a friend that wants to sell me a 22-250 its a Winchester model 70 it has classic stainless on the barrel.... With wood stock and 22 or 24 inch barrel... We are not having much luck finding any prices of what it is worth.... Any thoughts would be great..the rifle is probably 98% and has a vari x2 silver scope mounted any thoughts???

I have a friend that wants to sell me a 22-250 its a Winchester model 70 it has classic stainless on the barrel.... With wood stock and 22 or 24 inch barrel... We are not having much luck finding any prices of what it is worth.... Any thoughts would be great..the rifle is probably 98% and has a vari x2 silver scope mounted any thoughts???

asking price?

Prob not a pre64 since stainless, i could totally be wrong though.

The .22-250 was first commercially introduced by Remington in 1965. Browning did it before that but was as a wildcat cartridge. That makes it probably not a pre-64 Winchester. The action was changed by Winchester from the control feed Mauser action to the push feed bolt, hence the pre-64 designation. With all the changes Winchester went through it is hard to put a definite number on it, especially since there are numerous grades. With it being stainless I would guess sometime in the 90's as my best guess on when it was produced.

If it is a classic, it is a controlled round feeding like the pre-64 Model 70. You should find some more out about it, is it a Featherweight, Standard, SuperGrade, Varmint (usually pushfed at this time), or any other of the many that they made at this time.

If its a Coyote, it is pushfed. This had the blued reciever, stainless heavy barrel and laminated stock.

Its possible that it is from around 2005. This is the first that I could find a Stainless Classic 22-250 Rem for regular production. It was a Featherweight, with a 22" barrel. The front of the stock is very distinctive on these. The barrel is very thin, and so is the stock.

Could you get any images of this, just to help us tell you more about what you have.

'A Friend'?, so maybe a bit if a friendly said count on price? How about $550 with the scope, $450 without?

Unless I had a real use for it I doubt I would go much higher.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.