• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Winchester model 70 super grade value ?

I had one of these a while back in a different caliber and couldn't give it away. I started at 1250 and ended up coming all the way down to 750. Never did sell.

I would look a comps on Gunbroker. I can tell you bargain crf guns are like $750. The main difference is it is not crf….it is a super grade….it is a classic 270. My swag is it is probably worth $1200, but will sell slow at that. At $1000, it should sell quicker.

I'm really not comfortable with my pricing…could be upwards of $1500-$1800.

"Winchester model 70 XTR featherweight super grade" $750??

I'm all ears

I saw a 30'06 XTR Super Grade listed late on a Sunday night on a local classified site, before I could respond with an I'll take it, the ad was closed. Sent the guy a message and his response was I guess I listed it too cheap.

At $550, I didn't even have to think. Since it was a closed site, I have no idea if he followed thru with the sale.

Push feed Winchesters have been going up in value . The Blue Book of Gun Values is almost useless for a real value . If you price it low , you can`t jack the price up so start high .Nice piece for sure.Why do you think its a Supergrade ?

I always thought the true original Super Grades had the high luster bluing and the inlet sling swivels I am not a Winchester guru by any means but have been around the shooting sports for 45+ years

Push feed Winchesters have been going up in value . The Blue Book of Gun Values is almost useless for a real value . If you price it low , you can`t jack the price up so start high .Nice piece for sure.Why do you think its a Supergrade ?
Because the floor plate says "Super Grade". What makes you think it's not?

Because the floor plate says "Super Grade". What makes you think it's not?
You can buy the floor plate at Numrich. Winchester only made a post 64 push feed Classic Super Grade .No feather weight Super Grade . Yes your wood is a little above average . They did make a push feed 1 of 1000 in 270 . It came in a presentation case and had Gold filled engraving .

I didn't think the bluing looked "Supergrade"

So now what's it worth? $600?

you can check gunbroker there's actually several on sale right now - prices are all over the place biggest note is that not many have any bids so just asking prices. XTR FWT is more rare calibers like the sweed and bob seem to command higher prices. 270 win's while great calibers, aren't really pushing top dollar - probably supply and demand thing. +/- $1,000 for just the rifle, if with scope different value. Will take someone who wants it, test the waters and see is really all you can do or stick it back in the safe and watch the market see if something changes. People were paying over 2 grand for $750 rugers chambered in 220 swift for a long time! :)

Good luck with it;

I didn't think the bluing looked "Supergrade"

So now what's it worth? $600?
Actually in some calibers such as 7X57 or 257 Roberts , 6.5X55 are bringing in big bucks according too condition . I think $600.00 is really on the low side .

Recent Posts