• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Winchester model 70 .264 all weather.

Dang that is a nice looking rifle, any idea how they are supposed to shoot?
I have one. 121 Hammer Hunter over RL23. 200 yard with Magnetospeed attached. The only thing I did was have the action rebedded. Haven't played with seating depth. Less than 70 rounds fired.

Attachments

• 6280CADB-F5AD-4E8C-8C19-30669454521B.jpeg
    6280CADB-F5AD-4E8C-8C19-30669454521B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
I have one. 121 Hammer Hunter over RL23. 200 yard with Magnetospeed attached. The only thing I did was have the action rebedded. Haven't played with seating depth. Less than 70 rounds fired.
Looks like you will not be in a rush to play with seating depth. What twist? thanks

Looks like you will not be in a rush to play with seating depth. What twist? thanks
It's a 9 twist - factory rifle from Portugal, not the New Haven rifle. I was prepared to rebarrel, but no need if it shoots like this. It's a hunting rifle. And I'm more than pleased!

Great rifles. The Portugal factory does excellent work. The MOA Trigger adjustment is easy once you remove the factory threadlocker on the adjustment screws. I like the old style New Haven trigger better but the MOA is no slouch. I've got a NIB blued Super Grade that is now worth 40% more than I paid for it 8 months ago, reference Gun Broker. The 9 twist barrel will stabilize most 140 gr tipped bullets and all 130 gr and lighter.

$1300 is a good deal these days.