Winchester extreme weather bedding

wilehunting

Hi all, I picked up a used but newer Portugal version of the Winchester Model Extreme Weather and it has one of the newer Bell and Carlson stocks with the aluminum bedding blocks. The bedding around the recoil lug seems fine but my concern is the void that exists between the top of the aluminum bedding block and the bottom of the receiver at the rear. I expected the bedding block to meet the bottom of the receiver. I want to fill the gap between the top of the rear of the bedding block to flush with the rear of the receiver with bedding compound. Out of curiosity, I looked up some other versions of Winchester stocks to see how the tang is bedded. It looks like the pressure from the rear of the receiver rests on the last 1/2" of the tang. Do I run it or fill the void? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpeg
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0940.png
    IMG_0940.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0937.jpeg
    IMG_0937.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0938.jpeg
    IMG_0938.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 23
Fix it and bed the front at the receiver and about 3 inches in front of it. Make sure it's free floated, straight in the barrel channel and as stress free as possible.

I have one in 30-06 and it is scary accurate. I'd post about it how and why, but no one would believe me if I did.