winchester Coyote 300wsm

my newest rifle and next project..will be a budget gun though .win mod 70 coyote ss 300wsm ....I ordered a bell and carlson medalist vented stock just like the ones on the factory coyote (lites) ..just to lose some weight ,, it came with a trophy xlt doa rect 4x12x40 ,,need to upgrade scope soon ..worked the trig as low as I could get it ..nice rifle got dies o the way to see what I can come up with for it ..all Im really gonna do is put good glass on it and load somthing it likes ...it has leupold bases and rings ..what yall think of these winchesters?

I had a coyote lite 22-250 several years ago ..it was a shooter didnt play with it much and traded it .should have kept it ..Im looking forward to toting this rifle in november !

I don't really like the looks of the cut outs. Mine's not officially a Coyote.

I put a Krieger palma barrel on my M70 chambered in 6.5x284 and stuck it in one of those ugly Coyote stocks. I figured the stock would be temporary until I was ready to order an HS.

Well, it's a shooter and I actually like shooting with this stock better than the HS on my Sendero. So, I wouldn't hesitate to own one.

Here's the deer my daughter used it on this year...

-- richard

Attachments

• HILL-2011-buck.jpg
    HILL-2011-buck.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 82
hey
i like em too
my m70 is in 243 win and its at shooter

Attachments

• jagt 549 1.jpg
    jagt 549 1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 41
I've owned two Coyotes, 300WSM and 308win. I sold the 300WSM and kept the 308win. Hunting public land in PA, I saw no reason to have a 300WSM to finance another rifle. Of course, about 6mos after selling it, my wife said I should plan an "Out West Elk Hunt" with my hunting buddies. Wish I still had my 300wsm. It shot sub-MOA groups ( 3/4" and less) with 165gr and 180gr loads. Recoil was mild for a magnum. It shot better than the 308win, until I finally came up with good load. I'm now getting groups close to 1/2". The Coyotes hold great and shoot!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.