Winchester brass problems. ~ A FRIENDLY ADVISE POSTING ~

He told you what they said.
What has it got to do with you anyway ?

IMG_4427.JPG

I would say it was your winchester primers. Had this happen when I bought some winchester primers. They blew a hole in the sides of the primer and primer pocket. Totally ruined my barnes brass. Found some federals and haven't had a single hole. My bolt face looks identical to yours, just not as many holes. Shot around 30 shots, around 8 primers burnt holes.

I would say it was your winchester primers. Had this happen when I bought some winchester primers. They blew a hole in the sides of the primer and primer pocket. Totally ruined my barnes brass. Found some federals and haven't had a single hole. My bolt face looks identical to yours, just not as many holes. Shot around 30 shots, around 8 primers burnt holes.
I have had no problem since I got rid of the Winchester cases. I am now using cases from five different manufacturers with the same primers and am not having any issues. That's how I know the Winchester cases were bad.

I don't doubt your Winchester primers were bad, Winchester seems to have terrible quality control.

I have had no problem since I got rid of the Winchester cases. I am now using cases from five different manufacturers with the same primers and am not having any issues. That's how I know the Winchester cases were bad.

Well that's good. I should have traded you my primers for your brass! I guess there are good and bad in everything.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was Winchester primers, not the brass. This is a known issue with Winchester primers.
There is a device that is a go/no go gauge for primer pockets, also. When you start using this to check primer pockets in the brass, you will find a variance in dia of the primer pockets, and Winchester primers can run small. Some loads demand a Win primer for the bug hole accuracy, and it is always trial and error.

A micrometer that measures into the .0001 reveals the answer to this issue, and primer dia between the brands of primers can vary a tad.

???????????????????????????????????????? Apparently there was a problem because Winchester had me send them back to them and sent me a check for them.Maybe you don't know everything.
I KNOW what is shown in your photos, so, are you speaking BS?
If you can't SEE the pinholes, then, yes, I do KNOW everything!

Do you SEE the issue here?
It's as PLAIN AS DAY & NIGHT!

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20191030-170417_Gallery_5531.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20191030-170417_Gallery_5531.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20191030_172935.jpeg
    20191030_172935.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20191030_172921.jpeg
    20191030_172921.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 26