Winchester brass problems. ~ A FRIENDLY ADVISE POSTING ~

Pureblood

This damage was caused by using Winchester cases. The primer pockets were oversize resulting in gas escaping between the pocket and the primer. Winchester primers were used.. I have since dumped all my Winchester cases.

My Winchester primers work well with other brands.

IMG_5231.JPG

Last edited:
I am now using Winchester primers in PPU, Gecco, PAC, and S&B cases without any issues

Resistance or lack of can be felt when using a hand primer. Resistance is what's needed.

Good for you. You seem to come on here, make statements or ask a question, then argue with every response you receive. Best of luck. Go troll somewhere else.
Asking you to post details of your claim is not arguing or trolling. Though it might seem that way if can't post any details.

Last edited:
I have a few rifles that I run so hot, the primers blow on almost every shot. When the bolt face erodes, I take it to a local welding shop and have them run some hard surface welds on the face, then get my local machine shop to mill it back down to print specs. After that, they withstand hundreds of blown primers before you start seeing the erosion again.

I have a few rifles that I run so hot, the primers blow on almost every shot. When the bolt face erodes, I take it to a local welding shop and have them run some hard surface welds on the face, then get my local machine shop to mill it back down to print specs. After that, they withstand hundreds of blown primers before you start seeing the erosion again.
Do you use pulled down X39 components? Asking for a friend...