Winchester 88 firing pin

pitsnipe

Hope I'm posting this in the correct section. If not, feel free to move it.

Well, went and put one too many rounds through dads old 88. Serial number 15187. Anyone know:
1) Wher I can get another firing pin for it
2) And how to remove the firing pin

Thanks!!

You might find another firing pin thru Brownell's, Midway, or Numrich.
It's been a long time since I worked on one, might have even been a 100 and not an 88.
But it seems like I had to use a slave pin to keep things in place during reassembly.
If you aren't mechanically inclined you might be better off taking it to a smith with some experience with the 88.

Thank you for the sugestions. Yes, I have found the need for the slave pin(s) already. As I took apart the trigger spring without one OOPS!! At least it didnt go flting. And when I can get my hands on an assembly manual to see where it goes back to all I will need is the firing pin. Would be my luck that it has TWO pins that hold it in. The back one was easy to find and I guess TOO easy to remove to be the only one that holds in the firing pin. In time I'll have it back up driving tacks.
Thanks again

Hope I'm posting this in the correct section. If not, feel free to move it.

Well, went and put one too many rounds through dads old 88. Serial number 15187. Anyone know:
1) Wher I can get another firing pin for it
2) And how to remove the firing pin

Thanks!!

I'd try Numeric Arms for one.
gary

Found one at NuLine Gun parts. Should be here in a few days. And just sat down and stared at the whole thing for a while and figured out how to take it apart. And took the opportunity to remove some dirt likely older than I am!!!
Thanks LRHOM!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.