Removing firing pin

Cbh1

On a defiance tactical action do i need firing pin tool. I tryed the string and it did feel like a regular Remington did know if just go head and unscrew it so i stoped

bill123

If you’re talking about unscrewing the firing pin assembly from the bolt body, you need to maintain tension with the string for a few rotations. For occasional use the string trick works well. Tool looks much easier though.

jrock

On a 700, the penny and a string works great. I didn't see the slot for the penny on my Deviant and it was a pain to continue to remove the same way. I ordered the tool. I'll work an extra hour to pay for it.

Cbh1

On a 700, the penny and a string works great. I didn't see the slot for the penny on my Deviant and it was a pain to continue to remove the same way. I ordered the tool. I'll work an extra hour to pay for it.
Knew it was a easier way

Kmccord

I know the Stiller action work with adding a dime when pull with the string to uncover the slot, I was under the impression all clone remmy actions were the same way.

bill123

I know the Stiller action work with adding a dime when pull with the string to uncover the slot, I was under the impression all clone remmy actions were the same way.
I assumed they did too but Deviants do not have the slot.

ophious

Here's what I do guys. Maybe this might be helpful to you. String trick with dime to remove firing pin assy. Then utilizing a piece of that plastic vinyl landscaping 1/4" drip tube about 1/2" long, place it over the firing pin. Screw the assy back together and remove the firing pin, pin. Carefully unscrew the top portion again as it is under pressure and will pop off if unexpected. Maybe I can make a tutorial if needed.