Win70 post 64 MOA trigger replacement ...

rfd

... i see that timney has a win70 moa replacement trigger - anyone install one of these and can share comments?

don't see one from jewell? any other viable replacement for the MOA trigger?

thanx folks.

I have a few Timneys in different guns, 10/22, AR, and a Remington. For most casual shooters and hunters they are a great improvement over heavy factory triggers. I thought you mentioned you have your 'MOA' trigger down to 3 lbs or so? If that is the case I probably wouldn't spend the $$ to go down another 1/2 lb or so. I really don't see a reason to go below 2.5 or especially 2 lbs in a hunting rifle. That or even lighter may be O.K. for prairie dogging from a bench.

As with most things, there is room for individual preferences and desires. Information on the particular Timney, or other, trigger for your gun should list the poundage range.

They may also be net info as to how far the MOA trigger is safely adjustable.

I had a Jewell on my M70 but got rid of it. In Western Oklahoma, the red dust gets into EVERYTHING and Jewells do not do well in a dirty environment. Never much cared for the vague, mushy feeling of Jewells anyway. I got a target trigger spring (about 2 lbs) from Ernies, polished the engagement surfaces and adjusted to perfection. Spent $4 on the trigger spring and it is almost as good as another M70 that I own with a Timney. The real beauty of the factory trigger (non-MOA) is its simplicity.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.