win 70 pre-64 in 300 win mag

adeel1981

I need a price check on Win 70 pre-64 in 300 win mag. A local guy is selling it for $1200 and claims to have taken only 10-shots since its purchase.
Please PM me...
God Bless..

I need a price check on Win 70 pre-64 in 300 win mag. A local guy is selling it for $1200 and claims to have taken only 10-shots since its purchase.
Please PM me...
God Bless..

Is it factory original and is the local guy the original owner? Because the .300 Winchester Magnum was introduced in 1963, shortly before the pre-64 action went out of production, there weren't very many pre-64 Model 70's produced in .300 Winchester Magnum. Are you sure it is actually a pre-64 model?

I don't know what actual book value is on such a rifle. I imagine the value would be heavily influenced by condition also. A quick look on Gunbroker shows examples priced at $2500 for just the rifle and around $4500 for one in 98% condition, with original box and papers. I have no idea if anyone is actually paying those prices, however.

One other thing to think about is what your intentions are for the rifle. Are you after it as a collector's piece or do you intend to shoot it and hunt with it?

First, thank you for your reply. My research on it was the same as yours. The price of $2500 on gunbroker seemed little impractical. I probably will not hunt with it - unless I get a different stock.
Thank you again..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts