win 1300 slug gun

iron brigade

Hi gang,
i recently purchased a rifled barrel for my 1300 12 ga. i plan on shooting and hunting with barnes expander slugs in it provided the gun shoots them well.

would like to hear some reports/experiences using this or any other combo that you use in your 1300. btw i really enjoy this site:)

Think you will find each gun is unto its own, so I would not get too excited about what someone else's gun shoots.

Hint Hint, if two shots don't group, the 3rd will not tighten the group up!

I would recommend those, the Hornady SST and maybe the Lightfields in that order. I would shoot the 2 3/4. The 3" are slobber knockers for sure and not needed.

You will need a very strong mount and bases. Ballistics are comporable for all three and Federal has an online ballistics calculator that will work

BH

This was taken from the off side of a deer @ 175yards quartering hard......The other three blew right on through!
bullets.jpg

Winchester partition gold and Remington Core Lokt Ultra shot very well in my 1300. The Hornady SST did not.

Do not even try to use a saddle mount as a scope mount. I've tried 2 different brands and the 1300 is not suited for this type of mount. Drilling and tapping the receiver was the only option that worked for me.

I would also recommend the 2 3/4" over the 3". I've never seen a deer notice the difference but I sure did.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.