Wilson Combat barrels

I wouldn't own 1 due to weird gas system lengths. If you buy a complete upper from them you should be good? Maybe the AR15 platform from them will be better than issues many have with their AR10's?

I have a 24" bull barrel in .223 Wylde that is an absolute hammer...I haven't shot it past 400 yards yet but it stacks 77 SMKs at that distance. Awesome barrel!

Wwilson combat isnt on my list due to early yrs of building ar's for accuracy . 2 bbl's with moa results
iff your looking for smaller grps than MOA
this is my list
proof research
bartlein
kreiger

im sure others have other options as well
My experience with these 3 brands has been 100%
sub 1/2 moa with handlaods.
also the interface between barrel and upper has a direct impact on sm grps as well as other build tips , but its a lil off topic from your question

Wwilson combat isnt on my list due to early yrs of building ar's for accuracy . 2 bbl's with moa results
iff your looking for smaller grps than MOA
this is my list
proof research
bartlein
kreiger

im sure others have other options as well
My experience with these 3 brands has been 100%
sub 1/2 moa with handlaods.
also the interface between barrel and upper has a direct impact on sm grps as well as other build tips , but its a lil off topic from your question
of course you'll get better results using the top tier cut rifled barrels vs medium to low rung button rifled barrels. with those barrels comes more expense and in this day and age wait times. wilson combat produces a good barrel esp at the price point

Get the best barrel you can afford.😆. IMHO 3 things influence accuracy. Barrel , ammo, glass. On this forum I've seen posts describe factory ammo @ 2moa / 100yds. Others using inexpensive scopes for load development, button barrel vs cut rifling. At least with a good tube a third of the equation is solved.

+1 on a very good experience with Wilson Combat barrels. Sub MOA accuracy with my reloads. I did order the gas tube and BCG to avoid any headspace and tube length issues. I did use a Superlative Adjustable Gas Block as I also. Run a can. Good luck with your build. They are running a sale right now. Thinking about getting another 223 Wylde barrel.

I built two WC 6.5 CM's for friends and those were also very accurate. Would recommend without reservations.

Last edited:
Please continue!!!!
upper is aluminum barrel is steel. Heat effects them at different rates .
the tolerance between the two is enought to make point of impact change between shots .
i use bedding compound to take up the tolerance between them , that solid bond has settled the POI change in my builds.
heatgun is needed to change out barrels and is a 5-10 min job to clean up and prep for new barrel .

everyones barrel choice starts with what they expect to achieve with rifle after the build .
i only outlined what my experience was and the grps achieved

I wouldn't own 1 due to weird gas system lengths. If you buy a complete upper from them you should be good? Maybe the AR15 platform from them will be better than issues many have with their AR10's?
Built two .308's, three 6.5 Creed's, and a .260 Rem. On the AR10 platform. All are tack drivers, and all are standard rifle length gas systems. I don't understand your "weird" gas system problems. Nothing weird about rifle length gas tube.

Built two .308's, three 6.5 Creed's, and a .260 Rem. On the AR10 platform. All are tack drivers, and all are standard rifle length gas systems. I don't understand your "weird" gas system problems. Nothing weird about rifle length gas tube.
On another forum there's a member on there with a weird gas system length on a WC 308win barrel (build, not a complete upper or rifle from WC). The gas port is not a typical rifle length (non-dpms rifle length gas). Even a gas tube from WC didn't solve the issue. Going off WOA site for a gas tube that should've fixed the issue, but still no avail? I don't claim to be an "expert" or a "professional", but do have a very good working knowledge of AR's. Without hands on of the AR some a difficult to diagnose. Some specs he's not able to provide due to not having the measuring tools.