Will the factory rifle industry ever offer twist rate choices?

Would be nice, but not holding my breath; it's all about the bottom line.
I do see some movement to multiple twist rate offerings in "varmint" calibers, e.g.: C-Z and Savage in .223, Savage in .223 and .22-250 and a selection in some chamberings through their Custom Shop.
Also: Why do factories still run the .22-250 (and .220 Swift) with 14-twist barrels? Even a 12 would do better at stabilizing some of the longer/heavier bullet offerings. I'm wanting a Swift with a 1:12 to run the 53 V-Max, but will have to go with a custom or re-barrel to get it.

My next purchase is going to be a Savage mod 12 low profile in 22-250, w/a 1in 9 twist.A bit pricey but what the hey.Want to shoot some 75 gr bullets.
It is Savage# 18468.Put a Leupold 6.5-20 on that bad boy and reach out there.:)

Randy

I inquired Weatherby about this not to long ago . See in CA with the law changes to lead free mandates , it would be nice to have faster twist rates in the 22-250 . For shooting 55 grain on up copper or monolithic type i.e.. GMX , E-Tip , TSX . In short, the answer is until SAMMI changes their specs they won't be offering any faster twist rate barrels for the 22-250 Rem. chambering . They did in the 223 Rem .

1. Who wants a factory barrel anyway?
2. Gun nuts are a small % of market. All the regular joes don't actually know what TWIST is.
3. $$$

I think Savage does make some faster twist available , at least thats what I heard , for the 22-250 . I wanted to get another Weatherby Vanguard in 22-250 Rem. I know in the 223 , they made the change to a faster twist rate .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.