Will iron sights change my accuracy

mtdigger

I have been a long time site lurker, now a first time poster. Slowly the addiction of long range hunting has taken hold so now I have a question for the experts. I spent some time the first part of last year doing some novice accurizing to a Ruger m77 mark II 300 win mag which now with the right load will shoot .3 moa. In the last couple years I have also had scope problems (two different rifles) in the field, luckily it was not effect my hunt. Optimally I would have a timber rifle and a long range rifle, but am not quite there yet budget wise. The vibrations of the barrel correlated to it liking a certain load make sense to me so I have to ask: If I decide to add iron sights to my barrel, will I have to redo all of my load development?

It could and it could not. No way of telling until you try it. The smartest thing to do is to get some good solid mounts and a good scope then you will not have to worry about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.