Change in lot #'s accuracy lost ?

motoguy

Change in lot #\'s accuracy lost ?

Hi all second post another question. It has seemed to me loading for my 22br that when I change lot numbers accuracy would also change. No real proof [poor record keeping used up all componte's] any how a few months ago I got a 25-06. The first load I tryed averaged alittle under a half inch.Went to pick up some more bullets and powder found the place I purchased them had sold out of bullets having some of both left over decided to purchase both some were else to experiment. Loaded up some with the new lot and they seemed not to shoot as well. Was using my new rear bag on the first outing thougth maybe that was the problem. Loaded up some more, shot with old rear bag nope that's not it. Loaded up 10 of each old lot, new lot, put them in plastic bags with a paper in side to tell them apart after groups were fired shot 3 from 1 bag ,3from other until done pulled targets then matched slips of paper to targets results ;new lot 1.2inch old lot.66inch Has anyone else ran into this. What do you do buy in bulk? What if you can't get that lot to shoot well? Thanks for your time beleave me it took me a long time to ask. I type slooooowly!!

Re: Change in lot #\'s accuracy lost ?

Hello motoguy I also shoot a 22Br.Rem. and have run into the same situation.I suggest trying some of the military powder in bulk
8lbs. to the throw.There is some that has a rate near H335 that my rifle really loves.A
fellow named Brady Knight makes some of the most consistent bullets I have tried.I don't
claim to have shot all bullets available!!
but a benchrest shooter put me on the Knight's Bullets and they are great.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.