Change my mind

theddguide

I've got an xbolt hell's canyon in 300wsm really really like the gun and cartridge but have my eye on a weatherby weathermark and haven't been able to convince myself to get one due to not knowing which wby cartridge to get. I don't own a 25 cal but do have a 6.5prc on the way so I had the idea to trade the browning in for a 300wby. My only other 30 is a 308win. What do y'all think?

I love my Weatherby rifles. There is a shortcoming though. If you want to take advantage of the newest long heavy for caliber trend, Weatherby makes most of their rifles in slow twist barrels meant for what was the standard bullet weights. That said, my 300wby mark v shoots factory 200gr eldx bullets sub moa, and is beautiful to hold and shoot.

I love my Weatherby rifles. There is a shortcoming though. If you want to take advantage of the newest long heavy for caliber trend, Weatherby makes most of their rifles in slow twist barrels meant for what was the standard bullet weights. That said, my 300wby mark v shoots factory 200gr eldx bullets sub moa, and is beautiful to hold and shoot.
Good to know, I've been wondering about their twist rates. What is it for a 300wby?

1-10.

The newer 6.5 cartridges are 1-8. I think they are probably basically obligated to send them out at Sammi spec since they hold the patents.

Man, I'm a "why not both ?" guy.

I have both, and to me they just serve different purposes. My 300 wsm will weigh about 6lbs total when it's finished, and I took advantage of the short action to create a fast 30 in a short and light package.

My mark v is heavy. The kind of heavy that you associate with quality. It is long, 28" with the break, but if you aren't climbing mountains, it is a joy. It is also just a step above the 300wsm in m.v.. It needs that long barrel to burn all of the powder. You can run anything from 20" up in a 300wsm and you'll probably be happy with the results.

Get it don't question your urges ! Why would ya not want a new toy. Not long ago I was asking almost the same question except mine was referring to the 30-378 or a 300 rem ultra mag . After some debating with my self I decided it's best just to do both. So much easier that way now I'm looking for some place to hide from my wife 😱

Get it don't question your urges ! Why would ya not want a new toy. Not long ago I was asking almost the same question except mine was referring to the 30-378 or a 300 rem ultra mag . After some debating with my self I decided it's best just to do both. So much easier that way now I'm looking for some place to hide from my wife 😱
Hey friend, you're welcome to hide your guns at my house if your wife starts poking around. I know how that goes. 😂😂

Hey friend, you're welcome to hide your guns at my house if your wife starts poking around. I know how that goes. 😂😂
Oh I'm good I learned a long time ago the more you own the less likely she is to notice a new addition to the family. Or at least I don't think she noticed lol

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts