Wife's Rifle!

Lahunter76

-LH Tikka T3X SS Long action, Trigger, Bottom Metal(May up grade trigger at a later date)
-Tally Pic Rail Base, Night Force Rings
-Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 firedot
-Carbon 6: 22" 6mm 1:7.5 Sendero contour

have not gotten stock yet.....have to pc it together as I can afford....lol

BUT

plan is a McMillan Edge Filled stock...will let my wife pick one out she likes and her favorite part will be picking out color...lol

was looking at a 260 or a 6.5-284 but found the above barrel in our classifieds and felt like it was calling me to shoot the 103-108 weight 6mm bullets and I am going to join the Creedmoor club.....I think a 6mm Creed will be perfect for anything my wife will hunt and this will be a light, maneuverable, and low recoil rifle that she can be proud of! The reason for the long action is originally the 6.5-284 would be best in the LA vs the SA but I see no harm in using this for the 6creed.

having rifles built is very addictive....but I believe after this I will be done for quite some time....

Famous last words...... 😉
I hope you're stronger than me!

Looks like a fun one, I never really got hooked on the 6mm's but seeing alot about them lately that makes me wonder what I'm missing.......
I wouldn't be doing a 6mm if I was building it for me. I would be doing something like a 27 Nosler or a 6.5 PRC. But the low recoil and the fact I can find brass, bullets and dies made me pull the trigger and shooting the 100+ weight class pills is what really got me. My wife was not raised hunting and shooting guns, this will be one she can handle with ease and she will enjoy

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.