Wife & I double Bull

Daves762

It's been a weird year. Weather is all over the place, and there has not been many bulls or bucks to be seen. Game warden and Meat cutting place both say they aren't seeing many going down. That being said The wife and I have our first week of vacation together in ten years. Weather was around 20 with no wind so we headed out to our closest elk spot about an hour before grey light to beat the crowd. Found three small bulls, and not a cow to be seen. I prefer to shoot cows unless the bulls are bigger than what we have taken before, just for conservation purposes. But with less than one week left and nothing in the freezer yet, I'm not picky. I shot mine at 80yds with a 175 grain TSMK out of a 300 WSM. She shot hers at 213yds with a 140 Grain SST out of a 270 WSM. Both went down immediately but popped back up in denial, only to go back down again within seconds. About a mile from the truck, two bulls down, and all the guys who owe me a "pack out" are workin….. Hmmmm. Lots of packing to do. Game warden passed through about two minutes after tags were notched and in place. Gave a congrats, checked tags and was off. Perfect. Not big antlered
elk 2019-3.jpg
elk 2019-2.jpg
Elk 2019.jpg
bulls, but meat is meat. Now time for Leadslingers Bourbon, and Romeo and Julietta cigar. It's our second double bull. I love a woman that hunts. The 140 SST did not exit but took out lungs and heart. The 175 TSMK entered between ribs, took out both lungs and had a fist size exit.

It's been a weird year. Weather is all over the place, and there has not been many bulls or bucks to be seen. Game warden and Meat cutting place both say they aren't seeing many going down. That being said The wife and I have our first week of vacation together in ten years. Weather was around 20 with no wind so we headed out to our closest elk spot about an hour before grey light to beat the crowd. Found three small bulls, and not a cow to be seen. I prefer to shoot cows unless the bulls are bigger than what we have taken before, just for conservation purposes. But with less than one week left and nothing in the freezer yet, I'm not picky. I shot mine at 80yds with a 175 grain TSMK out of a 300 WSM. She shot hers at 213yds with a 140 Grain SST out of a 270 WSM. Both went down immediately but popped back up in denial, only to go back down again within seconds. About a mile from the truck, two bulls down, and all the guys who owe me a "pack out" are workin….. Hmmmm. Lots of packing to do. Game warden passed through about two minutes after tags were notched and in place. Gave a congrats, checked tags and was off. Perfect. Not big antlered View attachment 159769 View attachment 159770 View attachment 159771 bulls, but meat is meat. Now time for Leadslingers Bourbon, and Romeo and Julietta cigar. It's our second double bull. I love a woman that hunts. The 140 SST did not exit but took out lungs and heart. The 175 TSMK entered between ribs, took out both lungs and had a fist size exit.
Congratulations, you're a lucky man to have a woman like that! Is that Montana?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.