Taking your wife ( my wife)

chain

I have an elk hunt booked this Sept in Wyoming. It is 7 day horseback, rifle hunt. My wife and I have talked about her going along as a non hunter. My outfitter is fine with this and mentioned some of the things she could be doing while at camp as I was out hunting. Has anyone here done this? Has it worked? My wife isn't a whiner and she loves animals and they love her. She is pretty good in the cold and snow, being she grew up in it skiing and snowshoeing. Just wanted your thoughts on this? Thanks

I took my daughter hunting this last fall. She actually hunted a lot but she also did other things. Here are some things to think about.

1. Photography. There should be lots of small and large animals around plus the night sky is great.

2. Books. Guide to wild birds, wild flowers, bushes and trees, perhaps geology/fossils if she is inclined and stars. You have your guns as extra weight she has her books as extra weight.

3. Extra binoculars/ spotting scope for her. She may be better as a spotter once she learns what to look for than you.

4. A decent chair to sit in.

5. A gps, map and compass so she can go out on her own and find her way back.

Soap - as a rule women do not care much for generic soap chosen by men. There is a natural/organic soap in a small squeeze bottle that works well and does not get all dirty and grimey like a bar of soap.

Thanks Guys. I think she has herself talked out of it. She is negotiating a tropical vacation in a year or so rather than me going hunting. I will write when I need help with that.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.