Why not Huskemaw

While contemplating scope selection for my build, http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/my-6-5-x-284-build-83765/ this is what I came up with:

I guess it was the matter of simplistics! I know it was a few dollars more, however, in all the categories I was comparing them to, the Huskemaw won. I guess to start was the overall size. The weight was equal at 23 oz's, but the Vortex was wider with the long windage turret. The Vortex had a OAL of 15.5" compared to the Huskemaw at 13.6". The Huskemaw seemed more compact but with long range capabilities. I did not like how busy the Vortex reticle appeared (EBR-1 MOA Reticle). The Huskemaw had an 8 MOA reticle for wind. Overall the the Huskemaw had a nicer finish and the glass was clearer than the Vortex. I guess it all comes down to a matter of preference also. Both scopes have custom turrets available. The Huskemaw had 1/3 MOA adjustments to the Vortex 1/4 MOA adjustments. The Huskemaw comes with two turrets. A black turret to obtain your data and a blue one to send in with your data to have laser etched. Also both scopes have zero stop capabilities.

I would not discourage anyone from buying a Vortex scope they are really nice, however, after comparing the two the Huskemaw is what I want.

Its Huskemaw for me all the way, I liked them so much I became a dealer for them, I have five of them on my rifles even the new 3x12x42 on a 270 win, and let me tell you that is an AWESOME scope. the day after I put it on my girlfriends rifle she was ringing the gong at 1000 in gusty wind conditions, now I would not reccomend this scope for hunting big game that far as the 5x20x50 is much more well suited for that, but for 700 and closer it more than fits the bill. The folks at botw are TOP notch, and great people to work with. and as for the glass comparison between Nightforce and Huskemaw Do some research on who makes the glass for each company, The results might really suprise you. Oh and just this last friday I had 3 rifles out on the range,my little ol savage 116, and christensen arms 300 rum and a botw cooper all of them wearing huskemaws, and with the wind blowing from 0 to 17 mphs those three rifles out shot all the others at the range that day which included at least on NF and 2 Viper's, The ease in which the Huskemaw lets you adjust for the gusty wind conditions cant be beat. The guy shooting the NF actually blurted out who the f*#@ is knocking the center out of the 1000 yd gong, and his buddy replied " Its the guy on the end shooting the Huskemaws" Thats a Gods honest true story, and says it all about Huskemaw!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.