Why not a 300 wby?

And none of those things create a cartridge that's adaptable to a wide range of bullets and powders with wide nodes improving overall accuracy?
Btw you just described why the creedmoor should be better than the 260:D
Actually, they're nearly the same cartridge, only one is shorter, and has about 5º more shoulder angle... Other than that, nearly identical.

And no, a cartridge's design does not produce accuracy. A whole range of factors produce what we call "accuracy". Therefore, no such thing as inherently accurate.

Is there any other way you would like try to word it, or manipulate it, or shuffle it, to try to make your point that will never be made, because "inherent accuracy" simply doesn't exist in the realm of reality. You're only chasing your own tail at this point.

Maybe you need a fresh visual on this... If the cartridge is "inherently accurate", then it will be more accurate than another cartridge, when fired OUTSIDE of the weapon...Because the weapon and the person shooting it don't matter, because the cartridge itself produces all the accuracy, right??? Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Now hopefully you can see my point as to how "inherent accuracy" doesn't exist.

Actually, they're nearly the same cartridge, only one is shorter, and has about 5º more shoulder angle... Other than that, nearly identical.

And no, a cartridge's design does not produce accuracy. A whole range of factors produce what we call "accuracy". Therefore, no such thing as inherently accurate.

Is there any other way you would like try to word it, or manipulate it, or shuffle it, to try to make your point that will never be made, because "inherent accuracy" simply doesn't exist in the realm of reality. You're only chasing your own tail at this point.

Maybe you need a fresh visual on this... If the cartridge is "inherently accurate", then it will be more accurate than another cartridge, when fired OUTSIDE of the weapon...Because the weapon and the person shooting it don't matter, because the cartridge itself produces all the accuracy, right??? Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Now hopefully you can see my point as to how "inherent accuracy" doesn't exist.
Then why did you post that your 300ackley is better and wby can be onery and hard to tune. If all cartridges are equal then it doesn't matter whether you have a 300ackley or wby they're the same.

Then why did you post that your 300ackley is better and wby can be onery and hard to tune. If all cartridges are equal then it doesn't matter whether you have a 300ackley or wby they're the same.
I said I think the design is better. I never said it was supremely better in performance, but it does seem to be putting down a few extra FPS over the .300 Wby...And the brass doesn't grow with the 40º shoulder.

Last week I fixed a problem I have had with my vanguard 300 weatherby mag from day 1.
I could only shoot 4 or 5 and clean for days!
I bought 5 cans of Wipe-Out as I was told to try that.Still took so many hours to completely clean it's bore that I hated to shoot it.I ran a cotton ball down the bore and inspected with a video bore scope and found high/rough spots in about 3 locations.
I was told about Tubbs Final Finish on this site and bought the 30 cal kit.
I loaded the kit per instructions and shot 10 at a time and clean.First cleaning took 4 hours,next 10 was 2 hours next 10 was about 1 hour and I finished the last 10 and came home.
It took 20 mins to finish the cleaning.Now if I did not wear out the barrel I will be happy but even if I did I was going to re-barrel it anyway.
I love my 300 weatherby mag and if all future cleanings are 20 min I'll be a happy camper and if it still shoots between 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch I'll be even happier.
Just my 2 cents
Old Rooster

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.