Why do muzzle brakes all have bad names?

The metrosexual muzzle brake era has begun! We should feel free to explore more progressive and inclusive names for these devices. If you're not on board with that, you should be.
Lol!😂
Since there's a Calvin elite trigger...not to poke fun at je custom, well maybe a little, why not the Jerry elite?
Lol

It has to do with the fact they are all designed by males that tend to gravitate to certain areas. Nothing wrong with it. After all, if we have the free time to debate the quality of names of MB....life is pretty chilled and boring, IMO.

I am no better. I designed a few suppressor prototypes. I named the 9mm: Bunny Fart, .22: Mouse Fart, 338: Silent Night. I have some quite amusing laser graphics drawn up for the tubes for the fart cans. Seemed properly descriptive, memorable, and absent of any tacticool descriptors.

I have an encore 15" .375 H&H AI with a JP brake. Its nick named Little Bunny Foo Foo. Shoots 200gr soft points over a max load of 4895. Came about from some dude with a krinkov who would set up right next to us during ihmsa practice. Was also a favorite with 300gr solids when somebody got a case of the clevers and hard set the rams.

Last edited:
I have an encore 15" .375 H&H AI with a JP brake. Its nick named Little Bunny Foo Foo. Shoots 200gr soft points over a max load of 4895. Came about from some dick weed with a krinkov who would set up right next to us during ihmsa practice. Was also a favorite with 300gr solids when somebody got a case of the clevers and hard set the rams.

Let's see how fast the autocorrect works. 😇

There may be a little red neck In all of us, because how many times have you gave your rifles/pistols names? I think I could right a book on all the names of rifles i have heard.

Some of them are also quite interesting.

J E CUSTOM
I am a boring old man, my 338LM is my big puppy, SR1 308 the shooter. Nothing fancy, just slipped out one day. The others are just called by their caliber. Guess fathers do have favorite children.

You know how I know you haven't shot next to an aggressive load and brake before.

Those names are appropriate some even need to be made MORE aggressive.

I picked up a 16" Contender barrel in 375 JDJones, with a set of dies, brass, and a bit of ammo. And a JDJ brake. First shot (Plugs & Muffs) the fierce concussion felt like it hurt every bone in my body. I decided to sell it.
After an hour or so I thought "Hey! You can't dump it after just one shot."
So I tried again, just to confirm the experience. I was right the first time.
Move ahead a couple of hours, as I was getting ready to leave the range.
Just one shot, in case there was any redeeming value to that blasted brake.
We've all done it. I had forgotten to put on my ear plugs and earmuffs.
Recoil, I can handle. Acoustic Trauma, NO!
I've had other brakes and hated them for the same reason.

Just curious about this phenomenon.
Terminator,
Assassin
Hellfire
Beast
Heathen
Just a few examples
It's not like bunny rabbit or cottontail was taken already and considering how gentle muzzle brakes make a rifle shoot wondered why?
Lol
(This is a joke thread in case that's lost in the print)

I think someone should make one and call it "the DrumBuster". Accurate depiction, still catchy.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.