Why a flyer?

We have all had to swap from the 143s due to this. It was never any consistency and about the time we would think we would have it figured out, we would get one that would be off the charts and fly off. We have had some as bad in 1 box as 138.6 to 149.1 and not have 5 that were they same. Some boxes were better then others but none were worth the time we spent sorting.
Amax was a lot like this too.....

We have all had to swap from the 143s due to this. It was never any consistency and about the time we would think we would have it figured out, we would get one that would be off the charts and fly off. We have had some as bad in 1 box as 138.6 to 149.1 and not have 5 that were they same. Some boxes were better then others but none were worth the time we spent sorting.
Long live the Amax; some still available, better by up before they are all gone! Good luck hunting and be safe.

I had problems with 162 eldx out of 7mag. I sat down and measured 200 (162 Amax) and 200 (162 eldx) this is what I got. By the way it took all night. It might not be the best test but I bought Bergers because of it.
3859FDCD-2A93-43B0-8F49-3CFE739EEABF.jpeg

You would probably find that true with the 178 gr. Amax vs 178 Eldx I have stated be fore that the Amax shoot more accurately in my 300 & 308 magnum rifles. That is probably why. Thank you for settling that one. Good luck hunting and be safe

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.