who's using RF binos

handwerk

Just curious how many folks are using Rf/Bino combo units and if so which model do you have? likes/dislikes?

As stated once you use them you won't go back. I had the Fusion first(1600) and second generations(fusion mile). The 1600 had a dark tint on the lenses which was like wearing sunglasses and made them useless in low light. The Fusion mile was a huge improvement with less tint but still had some. the rangefinder in them works great up to a mile and is very fast. Then I got a smoking deal on a pair of
Leica HD-b's that has the ballistic calculator in them and it works. A huge upgrade from the Bushnells but a huge price increase as well.

Have used a 8-42 Leica Geovid for years .....The best $1200 I've ever spent on long range! Have not used the Wild since or owned a different pair of bino's.
I feel lost without them but wish I could afford the upgrade to the HD's as the old ones didn't have the best glass.

Glensdogs%20101.jpg

7-6-08%20Glens%20007.jpg

Sonju10-28-07%20038.jpg

Gotta laugh..top picture.....$5,000.00 plus on the hood of a $2000.00 truck. :D

Sorry...I couldn't resist. I see lots of $10.000 to $15,000 ATV/snowmobile/motorcycles in the box of $1,500.00 tow rigs.

Only people like us actually "get it" !!! lightbulb

Sorry for the hyjac,

Tod

Old Red has 340K on a 4.3 and still runs, most of it doggin.
Actually the bottom pic is funnier. A $1200 range finder next to a $300 gun with a $1600 scope sitting on a $10 garage sale table.
To keep this on topic you usually give up a lot of glass performance and add weight with rangefinder bino's but you get a better look at something and a range at the same time. I have to admit this is one piece of equipment where you get what you pay more for, the new HD Leica's are spendy but if you take care of them and use them a lot they are worth every dime!

I agree....glass is king in my book. I have a friend who picked up a new set of Leica Binos with the rangefinder in them at the Cabelas "bargin bin". Said he saved $800.00!!

I've been using the Zeiss 10X45 RF binos for several years hunting big game, varmints, and PRS competitions. Love the optical quality and the laser has never given me a problem. Ranging is fast, and I've got out to about 1700 or so with them.

Recently got into the new model Leica Geovids, 10X42 HD-R. So far, this unit is awesome. I've been able to range out to beyond 2000 and the optics look top notch, but I haven't done a formal evaluation and compared to my Zeiss yet. I will say that the Leica customer service has treated me EXTREMELY well and were very responsive when I needed them. No, it wasn't for this unit, just an FYI for anybody wondering about customer service. I was treated very well. I'll be using this bino from now on and placing the Zeiss on standby.

Geb

Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42's, never had a nice pair of bino's so I did some research and bought some of these in a demo model last fall. After I had them for a couple days a friend asked me how I liked them. I said the reason they cost so much is because they are worth it. I like them even more now that I have used them for the last 8 months. The separation that they create between animals and the background is unreal. Things pop out of the landscape that I am sure I was never seeing before. The ranging feature is very handy and works seamlessly with the bino's. I haven't even used the ballistic feature yet, and don't know when I will.

If you can spare the coin I highly recommend the Leica's.

I have EL Range 10x42. Amazing Glass and the rangefinder is top notch. The initial cost does hurt, but if you figure in buying high quality binos and rangefinder separate the difference is not that substantial if any depending on the deal you can get for both units in one. The ease of having both units in one saves a lot of setup time for your shot if you needed to take a faster shot. As well as being less items to remember to have to carry with you.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts