Who is using S&B 12-50

I had a play with my IOR Terminator 12-52 x 56, this morning at the range.

It is only on my 260 at the moment until I get my next LR project under way.

I got it rezeroed & then shot a zero then dialed up 20 moa & shot again.

The Reticle said the POI was 20 moa & it measured 540mm, 21.25" which is very close to 20 moa.

I shot the groups at 100 yards from the action.

I have just sold three NSXs & have replaced them with two, because that is all that is available over here at present & the lead time can be fairly long, really testing your paitence, so I may get another Terminator to replace the remainig missing NSX.

The glass is better that the VX3, VXIII LR, MK4 & NSX that I had with me this morning in the light rain, over cast conditions.

Have you considered a Zeiss/Hensoldt 6-24X72?

I have the Zeiss Victory T* FL 6-24X56 Z-1000 and compared to my Leupold Mark 4 LT/T ill TMR 8.5-25 the Zeiss is much better at resolving detail past 600 yards. As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, the larger objective resolves better and I have great respect for Zeiss. I have not tried the 72 mm objective myself, but the 56 mm objective on my Zeiss is outstanding for light gathering and fine detail. If you have a Zeiss to look through I suggest you do. If you do go for the Zeiss, insist on tactical turrets instead of the hunting turrets (which they normally come with). I think the Hensoldt only comes with the tactical turrets.

Thank you very much for the feedback on the March. I was seriously considering one and now I will wait until I have a chance to spend some time with one before I make the leap.

A Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50 LR/T M1 weighs 22.5oz
The Zeiss/Hensoldt 6-24X72 weighs 38.8oz
That's gonna cost a full pound of barrel right there.

The Mk4 adjusts in true 1/4moa(.26 IPHY)
The Zeiss adjusts in .1mrad(.36 IPHY)
So the Mk4 is higher in adjustment resolution.

The Mk4 is available in standard Leupold, & custom shop reticles(~20)
The Zeis comes only in mildots(which is not a 2nd focal plane system)
Mildot reticles are not fine enough for varmints, much less target.

The Mk4 is standard 30mm tubed with ~65moa of adjustment. This is usually enough, but the 50mm objective allows biased bases or rings without extreme height in mounting.
It's threaded for Alumina flip-ups, which are awesome. No rubber bra to fiddle with.
The Leupold custom shop will engrave & anodize all to match your theme if desired.
They also offer BDC in both reticles and dials.

IMO, even if Mk4 glass were actually >$2000 inferior to Zeiss, it is still a better scope overall.
And I could use that $2K, and extra pound of barrel, toward a better gun overall.
Like I said, the Mk4 probably isn't the best in any single regard, but it is a **** good standard of comparison.
LR hunters should consider every attribute of a scope against the Mk4, and decide what really matters from there.

I have two 12-50s and they are great, 1/8 clicks. Not as much moa range as my 5-25, which I prefer for hunting to 1000yds. Much better than nfs or Leupos that I have. Europtics give great service. The premier installed reticle on the 5-25 had to be returned

LR3
What is the moa adjustment in elevation for your 12-50 S&B with 1/8 clicks please?

Mike cr
I have a Mark 4 8.5-25 with TMR reticle which is my main scope on my short range rabbit rifle through to 500 yds.
I want higher power with great resolution for work on rabbit size game out to 1200 yds.
The Mark 4 needs more power and 1/8 clicks as my targets are approx .2 to .25 moa in size at 1000 yds.
APB

Ok, Aussie. I'm sorry if I took your thread off track.
I believe you're gonna have to compromise quite a bit to do it. That is, if you can find someone to make it at all.
Maybe USO could do it in SFP..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.