Who is shooting the 6.5 Grendel in a specialty pistol?

biednick

I've shot it in 12" and 18" rifles. 8208 XBR has worked well for me in both with 120 class bullets. CFE223 worked well too, but I had a harder time finding that over the last couple years.

Buttermilk

Ernie, I built a rifle (AR) in 6.5 Grendel with a 24” bbl.

I obtained my best accuracy using Benchmark powder with Hornady 123 ELDM bullets. 123 SST’s shot pretty good as well.

IMR8202xbr is considered to be “the powder” for the Grendel but I never got the accuracy I wanted.

CFE223 and 8208 got me the best velocity (Benchmark was 40 FPS slower).

It’s a neat little round.

Ckgworks

Tagging for your results! Should be a sweet set up. I have a few 16"-20"barrels.....in addition to the powders mentioned I have had great results with A2520. I'll have to look but I also had a Leverevolution load in 7.62x39 brass and 125 gr. Partition. Not the best at anything but sub moa in powder shortage times it's another option.
I can't wait to see what you get out of it.......

Ernie

SPONSOR
Tagging for your results! Should be a sweet set up. I have a few 16"-20"barrels.....in addition to the powders mentioned I have had great results with A2520. I'll have to look but I also had a Leverevolution load in 7.62x39 brass and 125 gr. Partition. Not the best at anything but sub moa in powder shortage times it's another option.
I can't wait to see what you get out of it.......
I am really looking to see what Troy at Bullberry Legacy turns out.
I had a enjoyable conversation with him on the day I ordered it, and now the waiting begins.
He is going to fit a Holland Radial Baffle brake (.985 that has a 5/8x24 thread).
If I remember correctly, I think the barrel will be barely over .800 at the muzzle.
I have some Hornady brass on the way from a friend, but I have yet to get dies.

sierracharlie338

Ernie I’ll send you some load data from the Grendel forum that was put together in a book.

AR Comp is another powder heavily used in the Grendel with handloaders along with 8208.

Mine in an 18” barrel and the factory Hornady black ammo shot so good I have not loaded for it much yet.

In that barrel length you might consider the 99/100 grain class of projectiles as they might give you a little more speed. Just a thought.

Ernie

SPONSOR
Ernie I’ll send you some load data from the Grendel forum that was put together in a book.

AR Comp is another powder heavily used in the Grendel with handloaders along with 8208.

Mine in an 18” barrel and the factory Hornady black ammo shot so good I have not loaded for it much yet.

In that barrel length you might consider the 99/100 grain class of projectiles as they might give you a little more speed. Just a thought.
Thanks.
I know I will get more speed with the 100's, but I am also wanting to play at some distance with it, and thought the 123 ELD-M would be a good starting point.
I have a bunch of H-335 on hand that I picked up for a great price last year with no specific gun to use it for, so I think I will start with 335.