Who is going elk hunting this year?

Taking my 18 year old son, it was a graduation gift from me and his mom. Idaho is where we are going, I see the fires are hot in and around Gibbonsville. Fire or not we are going..

Colorado, 2nd season, GMU #24, Bull Elk, Guided hunt, staying in a lodge, looking forward to a week of excitement. Taking four days to go out, sightseeing along the way, getting to camp on a Thursday [two days early] to try and offset the higher altitude.

Well just got back from my archery hunt in Montana. We went 0/4 but we had the chances. First night we watched 9 bulls bugling on a hillside. I missed a 43 yd shot thinking that it was 50 and had another guy in the party shoot under a huge bull at 62 yards. It was a great time. Hopefully I can make it back out to Montana for rifle season.

Colorado first season by craig cow or bull need the meat then whitetail in wisconsin in my own woods . Good Luck Every one it is that time of the year.

12 years of applying and finally headed to unit 1 Arizona Nov 30th bull and the big gun is ready and willinggun)

Opening day of rifle will be spent in the Beartooth helping my buddy get his cow, if it's not ungodly hot out as it has been most of bow season. Then wait till it gets cold, head to Fetcher Pass to hunt with friends on their ranch up there. Our place in the mountains by our summer pasture got burned up, so no elk there this year at least but should be great next season. If we are still looking then go for a cow to district 500 near Broadview on a ranch i used to work on. Then hopefully get called for the late season damage cow hunt in January. Oh and at some point hopefully see a wolf to shoot.:cool: Nothin to it!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts