Who Hunts Wyoming??

I hunt Wyoming every year with a 100% success ratio to date on Speed goats. Love it there I just wish I could move there
wink.gif
Starting to plan a December 3 day Varmint hunt around medicine bow, can't wait. Wyo, I have tried to email you 3 times now, are you getting them or just ignoring them
grin.gif
. If your not ignoring them, I would like to visit with you so email me at [email protected] or call me at 308-631-5160.

WE HUNT IN REGION A BY DEVIL'S TOWER. I HAVE BEEN TO THIS PLACE FOUR YEARS NOW AND HAVE FILLED EVERYTIME (WHITETAILS). MY IN LAWS HAVE BEEN HUNTING SAME RANCH FOR 50 YRS WHICH IS 1600+ ACRES. WE STAY AT RANCH IN MOBILE HOME(HEAT, LIGHT BUT NO RUNNING WATER). $50 A DAY AND WE HUNT ON OUR OWN. REALY ENJOY THE AREA.
grin.gif
cool.gif

44mag, how big were those whitetails and is there a draw?

My buddy and I did mulie & lopes this year and next year we are on a quest for big whitetail

thanks

JOHN M. THE WHITETAILS IN THIS AREA ARE NOT LARGE IN BODY SIZE, ABOUT 150 LBS ON AVE. THE BUCKS DO REACH 5-6 YOA AS HUNTING PRESSURE IS LIGHT. THE RACKS ARE MOSTLY BIG EIGHT POINTS BUT 10 AND UP HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER THE YEARS. I PERSONALLY HAVE TAKEN TWO EIGHTS AND A NICE 10 POINTER. INSIDE SPREADS ON BUCKS TAKEN IN MY FOUR YEARS BY OUR HUNTING PARTY RANGES FROM 12" TO A REAL NICE EIGHT POINT AT 23".

YES WYOMING HAS A DRAW SYSTEM. LICENSE WAS $220 BUT FOR 2004 IS NOW $272. FEES MUST BE IN THEIR OFFICE BY MARCH 15, DRAWING IN EARLY JULY AND SEASON IS MONTH OF NOV USUALLY UNLESS GAME DEPT LIMITS TIME AFIELD WHICH WAS THE CASE MY FIRST YEAR. SEASON WAS OPEN ONLY FIRST 21 DAYS OF NOV AT THAT TIME INSTEAD OF ENTIRE MONTH. IF YOU ARE UNSUCCESFUL AT DRAWING A LICENSE YOU A REFUNDED ALL BUT $10 WHICH THEY KEEP. APPLICATION BOOKLET CAN BE OBTAINED BY GOING ON THE GAME DEPT WEBSITE: http://gf.state.wy.us

HOPE THIS INFO HELPS, MY GUYS WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A MULEY OR AN ANTELOPE SOME DAY BUT WE NEED TO GET INTO A FLATTER TERRAIN THAN THE RANCH.
cool.gif
grin.gif

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: 44magnum ]

44 Mag,

I can help you/ tell you the right areas fo rthe Antelope if you help/tell me with this area for Whitetails..

I'm looking for a respectable 20" plus whitetail.. looks like that may be the area....

you can e-mail me..

[email protected]

I hunted out of Greybull for antelope. I saw more antelope driving along the highway in a couple days in Wyoming then I've ever seen in Oregon my whole life. Not really, but there is tons of antelope there. I couldn't believe it. I shot a nice buck that went 14 1/2". We are hopefully going to draw again sometime in Wyoming, because it takes about 8 years to draw a tag in Oregon, I'm still waiting.

Wyo,

I have not hunted Wy. since I left there about 10 years ago. I used to live and hunt around Newcastle. If you want some intel on that area give me a holler. I may be able to hook you up with a decent whitetail area.

I am planning on getting drawn for deer and goats this year if you have any good ideas on area I would be interested in hearing them.

What?? Wow another guy in Cody interested in LR Hunting and LR Shooting!!!

Sweet.....

e-mail me .. when I get some time we can got stretch the legs of some rifles!

Ric

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.