Wyoming Spring Bear Hunt

It didn’t take much discussion to convince me that a life-size body mount is the only way to honor this creature.
By ADMIN, Mar 6, 2018 | |
Rating:
4.77778/5,
  1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

ADMIN submitted a new Article:

Wyoming Spring Bear Hunt

Read more about this article here...

2. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

I almost fell asleep reading your article. I kept stopping and dreaming of my past, wonderful hunts when I lived in Wyoming!!

3. mfk

mfk Member

love the story brother...

4. ODAVID

ODAVID Well-Known Member

I greatly enjoyed reading your story.
    If you could clarify a couple key points:
    1) break the shoulder- are you referring to the point the shoulder The" humerous " where it connects in body the ball of the shoulder so to speak???? Not just the humerous but hit the ball so to speak????

2) are you referring to the shooting stance as pictured where the recoil is absorbed by the armpit???? do you any more pictures showing this shooting position.

3) Are those the stoney point shooting sticks seems very hard to find if you can share a source I would appreciate buying some.

God does work in funny unpredictable ways. Each step is a step of faith, then a walk of faith, then a journey of faith, then eternal memories of faith, all for his glory.

GREAT ARTICLE
    odavid

5. ODAVID

ODAVID Well-Known Member

What kind of Ft lbs of energy should a hunter strive for at the given range to be effective in killing a huge bear like this???? Ex: is 800 ft lbs of energy a limiting factor in range limiting the distance between a killing shot and a wounding shot???

Thanks for sharing your expertise
    ODAVID

6. Ron Simmons

Ron Simmons Member

ODAVID - I'm glad you enjoyed the article. Please find my responses to your questions below in blue font.

7. Ron Simmons

Ron Simmons Member

That's difficult to put a number on considering the many variables involved. I personally would consider 1,500 ft lbs a minimum. Could you kill cleanly with less? Sure. The bear in the article was taken with approximately 2350 ft lbs on target at 530 yards. Bullet velocity was approximately 2300 fps at that range.

8. Ron Simmons

Ron Simmons Member

Thank you sir

9. Ron Simmons

Ron Simmons Member

Thank you sir. Glad to know the article brought up some fond memories of Wyoming for you.