who can and want to guide me in reloading

artemistrad

Hi,

I am from the Netherlands and new to reloading. I bought a complete reloading set incl a set of Forster ultra bulletseater, Fl-die and neckbump dies. I have read a lot on forums but am little scared to start without guidance. Here in NL reloading is not so common and find nobody who can guide me, in special with these type of dies. So how to set up and use i have doubt how to use and setup the different dies. I have new Lapua Brass for instance, but don't know what and how to start with them. I want to start reloading because i hunt in a more open area and want to shoot better on extended distances, with factoryload very difficult to get te precision i want. Who want to help me. Special got doubt after reading on forums about the neckbumpdies of forster i bought. I don't know if and how to use them. Greetings Mark

Hi,

I am from the Netherlands and new to reloading. I bought a complete reloading set incl a set of Forster ultra bulletseater, Fl-die and neckbump dies. I have read a lot on forums but am little scared to start without guidance. Here in NL reloading is not so common and find nobody who can guide me, in special with these type of dies. So how to set up and use i have doubt how to use and setup the different dies. I have new Lapua Brass for instance, but don't know what and how to start with them. I want to start reloading because i hunt in a more open area and want to shoot better on extended distances, with factoryload very difficult to get te precision i want. Who want to help me. Special got doubt after reading on forums about the neckbumpdies of forster i bought. I don't know if and how to use them. Greetings Mark

Guys English is not his first language, DO NOT use acrimony, until we are sure he knows their meaning, being new to reloading we dont want him to have an accident.
Mark

We can all help you out, welcome to the forum. Please give us some more details. Let us know your rifle, the reloading tools you have and your components selections.

I'm willing to help, either in this thread or email me at [email protected].

I have some experience with RCBS single stage equipment and a lot more experience with the Hornady LNL AP press. I think all single stage equip generally operates on the same principles so dies are interchangeable.

I reload for 2 rifle, and 5 pistol calibers.

It sounds like you are starting well. Please tell us you components and reloading tools. Please be sure to list brand and model name.

A lot of good info on Youtube. I to was nervous when starting out, piece of cake now. Tell us more about what you have. Also what calibers? I load from a .223 Remington all the way up to a 30-378 Weatherby Magnum.

Welcome aboard Mark!! You came to the right place, there is a wealth of knowledge to be had here. These guys all know their stuff and are willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Get some good reloading manuals and read them cover to cover. Hopefully you'll have more confidence than I did on my first reload, I crawled under the bench to touch off that first round.
Good luck!!

Welcome

First you don't need to use your sizing dies with new Lapua brass, just load and shoot

BUT, you need to start with a safe load which you will get from MANUALS and reloading data

Do you have a reloading manual? If not, let us know what

Caliber
Bullet you want to shoot
Powder you have
Primer you are using

and you will get some guidance

Welcome friend. You have come to a good place for help. There are people here that can probably answer and help with any question or problem you might encounter. Don't be afraid to ask , even on simple stuff. If you have some reloading manuals...Read all you can. It really isn't very hard to learn too safely reload. Prepare to have some fun and satisfying times.

Hi,

It is very nice that i get such nice replies! Thank you already.

Here my stuff:

- a own made reloadbench whitepainted (so see everything very well on the bench)
- tumbler incl the red lyman media (will mix 1/3 with normal nutshellmedia)
- Forster Co-ax press
- forster case trimmer incl all the additional stuff for the different calibers
- deloading hammer
- caliper and colaminator for the dif calibers
- electronic certified calibrated Farmacist scale in grains till 1/100th grain with powderpan
- RCBS Uniflow powder measure/mill
- RCBS powder tikler
- redding lubewax
- RCBS casemaster
- RCBS casemouthbrushes small and med
- two universal caseholdertrays (MTM)
- lyman casepreparaton set (8pieces)
- case primerhole deburr tool for the primerhole inside the brass
- Two sets for cal .300WinMag and .243win forster Ultra seater die, a full length die and neck bump die
( For the .243 they are in backorder but soon come)
- in backorder also the universal decappingdie from Lee
- also for both calibers a lee-crimpdie as i use a magazine in my gun, they advised me that. But there also doubt now because of casewear special on the neck as i want to nechform mostly ofcourse.

My gun:

Austria Kufstein Voere LBW Take Down with magazine
Two Exchangable standard barrels (65cm for 300mag and 60cm for 243win) both 1-10" twist
Sight: detachable Kahles CSX 3-12x56 ill rect 4LP

I will use in .243 TTSX Barnes 80gr bullets
And .300 LRX 175gr bullets
I bought 100 Lapua brass for .243 i will use 1 time used RWS cases in .300mag (it was factory ammo i shot one time)

All the rest is open!

I looked all the vids on youtube of Mr Surplusnut, very teaching. But mostly miss the good instruction for using the dies in a right way!

Well am curious by all your remarks, hope i didn't spend to much money and effort on stuff wich i better shouldn't have bought...?

Greetings Mark

No i have no manual except of a german one but don't like it.
I did shoot 5 loads from someone else and on 100m i had a group of under 1". It was with H414 and 215 primer. Don't know if w( he gave them to me on the range)ith this gun i can get it better. Oal was standard like in the normal manuals so was told me.

Mark,

Get a good manual from one of the manufacturers of the bullets you plan to use. You can also find some pretty good info on Hogden, IMR, Winchester powders on their site. Hornady prints their manual yearly as a magazine, and it's very up-to-date and pretty complete.

Get the instructions for your Forster dies, read them, and then set them up on your press - by the way, I'm jealous, I've wanted a Co-Axial for several years and couldn't find one available when the funds were.

I haven't shoot that much Lapua brass, and I do make it a practice to FL size and trim (or at least check the OAL of the brass) on all new brass. Just the way I am.

Drop me a PM if I can help.

Welcome to the madness.

Rick

Rick meant to say "Hodgdon" has an annual reloading manual.

I have several manuals send me a PM with e-mail address and I can scan a caliber for you.

Hi and welcome.
I am also jelous, in the 80's a freind had a coaxel press wich I used a few times and IMPRESSIVE. I saw 1 in a store in Calgary once, didnt buy it and I am still kicking my butt because I have not seen one since.
If you see a Lyman manual grab it. In there you will find compleat instructions. The powder sites http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp , Nosler - Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, Brass, Reloading Data, Hunting, Shooting, Reloading, Load Data Alliant Powder - Home just 3 there are great for cross referenceing your loads. Always conferm a load from a differant sourse before loading, printing errors do occur.
Be patient a max load may not be the best for your rifle

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.