Want to get into reloading!

YouTube is awesome, but remember there's lots of opinions. Google the Hell out of whatever specific question you have, watch videos, then if you still have questions go on forums like here and post. More than likely you're question has been asked already. The best advice I can give is get your info from multiple sources. You can get different levels of detail and a basic consensus on what's the best way to skin the cat.

Get a good reloading manual and read it before buying any equipment. Dont buy the lee kit, I did and regret it. I cant get repeatable results that others seem to achieve. Start out simple, shoot, see how you did, tweak from there. Dont get bogged down in all the advanced techniques that most on here who have been reloading for years are using. Follow the instructions that come with the equipment you purchase then like stated above ask questions on here when you have them. When I started I read as much as I could on the reloading forum here, search the forums for any question you might have, but if you cant find the answer dont be afraid to ask. I've asked lots of questions that I know have probably been asked before, but sometimes it's hard to return a result of you donr search exactly right. There's been times when somebody pops up with a thread that has all the information I'm looking for. If that happens, dont take it as people being rude, it's more of a "why reinvent the wheel situation"

For starters, pick one or two reloading manuals and read them, to understand the basics of what your wanting to do. Use the KISS principle when starting out. Don't go all out on equipment you don't need yet or understand. Lot's of advice here, but it all leads in the same direction of success!

Johnnys Reloading Bench is a channel on the Youtube. He has a great beginner tutorial series that he did about 5 years ago. He just bought a Hornady kit and is gonna do a newer "upgraded" begginers guide to reloading. My advice would be to buy a Lyman manual and read it a couple times. Watch some JRB videos and decide on what you want to do and the best steps to achieve your end goal.

Best advice I can give anyone starting out would be to find someone in your area to mentor you to get going. This will save you a lot of time, money and headaches.
Try to find some YouTube videos on die setup. Easy area to mess up. And the manuals I've read do not have the best method.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.