Who’s hex coating monos?

The guns that I have used it it brought the velocity up 30-50fps(by lowering friction), they clean easier(less fowling), and it lowered the ES. One of the main benefits is that it seems to prevent the copper jacket from binding(electrolysis-basically rusting) to the brass case over time which in effect creates more neck tension which gives higher velocity spikes. I also lube the case necks to help prevent the bond on my longer/ELR guns.

For me I'm building a 260 AI. I had other cartridges picked out but this is what I ended up with by trade. My hopeful goal is a 1000 yard rock chuck rifle and 1 mile target rifle. It might be out of reach but I'm hoping for 3000 fps with a 156gr EOL. I don't think that is attainable but the HEX could help me get there. In any case I'll be pushing the limits of the 260 AI and so if the HEX can gain me some barrel life, higher BC, and dead on coldbore shots then it will be worth the effort.

For me I'm building a 260 AI. I had other cartridges picked out but this is what I ended up with by trade. My hopeful goal is a 1000 yard rock chuck rifle and 1 mile target rifle. It might be out of reach but I'm hoping for 3000 fps with a 156gr EOL. I don't think that is attainable but the HEX could help me get there. In any case I'll be pushing the limits of the 260 AI and so if the HEX can gain me some barrel life, higher BC, and dead on coldbore shots then it will be worth the effort.
The hex will definitely help with that.

Seems that a bullet going 2800fps will kill just as easy as 2900fps
Yes it can, but how well will it kill at the distance you want it to. When I go to shoot something I want the most energy I can get to do the job. I hate walking up to suffering animals. So I test everything before using it. If I think it won't work, or I can't do it then I don't take the shot.

Most hunting bullets require ~1,800fps impact velocity for reliable expansion.
Yes Sir. And at 1k yards I believe I will need at least 2925 fps. 3000 fps will give me more energy, better trajectory, and better ability to slip the wind. All equates to a more probable clean kill.

Where are most getting their HBN from? Bulletcoatings.com? Tubb? etc?
I've ordered from both. I bought from Tubb first I ordered the kit which is over priced. I now order from Bulletcoatings.com, much cheaper. The kit consist of a pill bottle and a metal spoon.
Just order from Bulletcoatings and get a large pill bottle like the ones bulk ibuprofen comes in.

I've ordered from both. I bought from Tubb first I ordered the kit which is over priced. I now order from Bulletcoatings.com, much cheaper. The kit consist of a pill bottle and a metal spoon.
Just order from Bulletcoatings and get a large pill bottle like the ones bulk ibuprofen comes in.
Thank you. One must have to contact bulletcoatings direct to make an order as the web sight will not allow to add to cart

Thank you. One must have to contact bulletcoatings direct to make an order as the web sight will not allow to add to cart
I remember having that problem, I can't remember what I did to fix it, but I was able to add to the cart. You're right, best bet is to call them.

Are you guys using a vibratory tumbler or a rotary tumbler? If rotary will the Harbor Freight one work?