Who’s hex coating monos?

If you do a full strip down to metal cleaning of the barrel, then most will swab it before shooting again(reduced charge for the first couple rounds).
Standard cleaning solution work for the strip down? Or do you need some specialized cleaning agents?

Would someone explain what you are talking about?

I reload but have never seen this topic before.

Presently I'm a paper shooter.

Standard cleaning solution work for the strip down? Or do you need some specialized cleaning agents?
There are differing cleaning regimens but if I clean a barrel for carbon I do not reswab it with HBN slurry, but if I am cleaning carbon, copper fowling(all the way down to bare metal, stripped clean, and polishing hard carbon out of the throat then yes, I will retreat it with the HBN slurry on a bore mop.
http://www.longrangeonly.com/instru...ron-nitride-bullets-rife-bore-jeff-brozovich/

It's Halloween so we're putting a hex on bullets. Just kidding, sorry I couldn't resist. It's a dry lubricant put on bullets. Here's an article on it. https://www.chuckhawks.com/hbn_dry_lubricant.html
Always good to have the chuckles.

I read the questions here and often ask "why". Then I don't understand the answers. I feel like I'm in 101 rifles and you guys are in 909.

My wife ask why I needed that powder for bullets. I asked why does she need it.... she didn't understand, I told her it was also used in make up. She thought I was a smart ***. Lol

On a side note, I never thought about doing shots of hex/alcohol slurry. Glad I quit drinking, I might have tried it. Lol

I feel like I'm in 101 rifles and you guys are in 909.
Oh sorry hopefully I wasn't too rude and the article helped. For me I'm interested in the ability to increase velocity, maybe increase BC, and lubricating properties of the HBN. It may increase barrel life too, and the HBN doesn't affect coldbore shots.

One thing I've noticed with hex coating. The barrel is noticeably cooler after a shot string compared to non treated bores. This has to increase barrel life. Although not scientific, it's something I've observed. I am able to increase velocity if i want to in every cartridge I use it with.
I have a 30-06 208 ELD Load that's running 2750fps with Win brass, 2700 fps with Lapua brass. With no pressure signs and I was able to get 10 firings out of the win brass, it seemed to be fine, but I switched to Lapua and never used it again. I usually just push the hex coated load back to the non coated velocity and enjoy great barrel and brass life.

Oh sorry hopefully I wasn't too rude and the article helped. For me I'm interested in the ability to increase velocity, maybe increase BC, and lubricating properties of the HBN. It may increase barrel life too, and the HBN doesn't affect coldbore shots.
You were not rude at all.
The article was very informative and I'm glad you pointed me the right direction.
Why is everyone here so concerned about another 100fps. Seems that a bullet going 2800fps will kill just as easy as 2900fps

Guess I should stop reading so much SciFi and start reading more reloading books!!!