Whitetail Hunting unit 285 in Montana and Northern Idaho

paulatherton21

Hey guys... I'm planning a month long multi state deer hunt this November. I am looking to hunt unit 285 in Montana and unit 1 in idaho. Has anyone ever whitetail Hunting in these units?? What's the quality of animals to expect? Any pointers on areas that could be worth trying? Probably a long shot, but I'm from Pennsylvania so I won't be able to scout before hand. I'll be going in blind. I've been studying almost daily and reading everything I can. Trying to waste as little time there as possible. Thanks guys.

Going in blind isn't a good idea, are you hunting alone ? For an area you are unfamiliar with, I would advice against that. I have hunting deer in ID but not at the unit you mentioned.
What I can say is this, if you have a little time to scout or go in with someone who has knowledge of the area then you are one step closer to a successful hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.