Which would you do first?

flyin lizard

HI fellow shooters, I have a question regarding upgrades. Currently have an out of the box savage 12 fv in 22-250 with accu-trigger. It will consistently group 3/4 inches at 100yds 5 shots. Often enough to know it is possible when I do everything perfect ,I will get that ragged one hole group. However when shooting on the range I fined myself wondering if a better trigger or a better fitting stock would make those occasional one ragged hole groups happen the majority of the time instead of 1 out of 5 times. My question is what to do first a trigger or a stock?

Stock up grade first IMHO. My lfv stock is very flexible allowing me to shift and rock off target easily and it will cause poor action/stock fit. The action/stock fit and the unequal pressures exerted between the stock and action will mess with the barrel harmonics.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.