Which Video camera?

Parkerb14

Well I want a good camera for long range shooting and hunting. I have narrowed it down to two cameras, the Canon GL2 and the Canon XH-A1. I would appreciate any input on these and other cameras from people that have used them.
Thanks, Parker.

No I have not, they both have 20x optical zoom, but come with a 2x telephoto lense. Does this mean that it magnifines the optical zoom to 40x? If this is the case 40x would be plenty for what I am doing.

camera

the xh-a1 is a great camera but do you need hi def? it has better light gathering capabilities than the GL2, and is in another leauge for film quality!

We use sony pd 170 to film our outdoor tv show, It has the best low light capabilities 1 lux where the canon is either a 3-4 lux. lux being the amount of light needed to film basicly. It also has more pro features to it like 2 built in xlr inputs for wireless mics. take alook at the sony Hi def if that is what you want the FX1 is a great camera too!

if you want talk more about cameras shoot me an email and ill give you a call!

kirk

I just got a XH-A1, this is my first experiacne with a camera of this level. I went HD because I figured that is were the industry is headed. It depends on if you are filming just for your pleasure or if you want to maybe sell some of your footage some day. You can buy some pretty good packages from BH Photo and the HD camera are not really that much higher when you consider you are spending $3 or $4 thousand. We are going to be filming our first hunt next weekend in NM for antelope. I will let you know how it goes.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.