Which spotting scope: Konus, Vortex, Bushnell?

SNKETR

I'm trying to decide which spotting scope to pick up for. I'll be using it primarily for Whitetail hunting here in Texas.

Bushnell Legend Ulta HD
Konus Konuspot 7120
Vortex Diamondback

I can get the Vortex and the Bushnell for about $100 more than the Konus. I've heard good things about all 3, but I have only been able to get my hands on the Vortex.

If you can afford more expensive spotters take a look at them. I have looked through a Vortex Black Damond and was not impressed. Try going up the Vortex line a bit will make you happier in the end. Years ago I spent a lot and bought a Lieca the best thing I ever did. Last night we were hunting white tails and that Lieca was spotting deer after legal light. I guess what I am saying is don't cheap out you will actualy spend less in the end.

I bought the bushnell and I'm disappointed with it, unless it's full light it doesn't have the resolution to be useful

I dont have a diamondback but have a vortex razor in an 11-33X50, I was looking for a small spotting scope to pack when mountain hunting. I went to our local dealer and took out a Leupold of similar size. Across the town there was a grain elevator that some pigeons hang out on. The Leupold was very clear and compact as well but this Razor for a similar price was hands down better. You could focus in and see all the colors on those birds perfectly through the Vortex and not through the other, I was super impressed. I have a swarovski 60mm for my truck scope, very expensive, very nice. This vortex isn't that good obviously but for the money, I think its a home run.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.