Which scope for around 1000 or less

I'd like to kick in another vote for SWFA SS scopes.
The glass is clear with no distortion, they're super durable and the prices are hard to beat for the quality
I would recommend the 3-15x42. It has all the magnification and elevation you'll ever need.

I have had vxii 6.5-20x50 and the vortex pst 6-24x50 and the Burris xtrii 5-25x50 and I like the Burris the best. Next would be the vxiii then the vortex. I highly recommend the XTRii

Leupold.

If it's within your price range, German optics that are made and assembled in Germany.

Don't forget the Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. If you get one as good as the two I have you will not find better glass for even $500 more. I know because I compared them outside the store.

i really like the XTR II, I have NXS NF and PST. Don't get me wrong the XTR II is no NF but for the money I think its the best thing going. Didn't think I would like the FFP as I've alway used SFP but I really like the FFP
My next scope will be the XTR II

I have the 4-14x56 and IMO it has a very good eye box and enough eye relief for me to shoot on an un breaked 9 lb 7 mag.

I'd like to kick in another vote for SWFA SS scopes.
The glass is clear with no distortion, they're super durable and the prices are hard to beat for the quality
I would recommend the 3-15x42. It has all the magnification and elevation you'll ever need.

+1! I have the SS 5-20x50 on my .300 WSM and paid under $1K for it, very pleased with it ... simply awesome; lots of scope for the money.

A bit long but one of the best video reviews I've seen ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/9fe4l_CAthI?t=7[/ame]

I have seen some Leupold Mk IV scopes for sell within your price range in the classified ads. The Mk IV scopes are very good scopes, especially for the price. I've had a Mk IV 6.5 - 20 X 50mm for a couple years now and I'm very happy with it. Very good glass and adjustments are true, at least out to 750 yards. I don't have a place to shoot beyond this distance. Also, the wt is reasonable. If you do buy a Leupold Mark IV scope from any source other than a approved retailer, verify the serial number / model with Leupold. There are some asian fakes out there that look real at first glance, until you put it into service.

Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.