Which scope for around 1000 or less

hifi

I have been about driving myself crazy looking at scopes. Hoping someone can help me out. I have a sendero in 300 WM with a early viper 6.5-20 on it and would like to upgrade it to something better. I would mostly be using it for hunting deer antelope out to 600 is yards and targets to 1000...any ideas of what I should be looking at for scopes in the leupold nightforce range would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I am going with the vortex hs-t 4-16 on my grendel. Well under $1000 and has all the features I am looking for

I'm a fan of the HS-T as well. If you could spend a little more, I would go with the Nightforce SHV.

I would recommend a sightron sIII in the 6-24 range. Excellt glass, durable and good tracking. A 3-15 SuperSniper would also be a good choice. I have the Sightron on my 300wm.

I have been about driving myself crazy looking at scopes. Hoping someone can help me out. I have a sendero in 300 WM with a early viper 6.5-20 on it and would like to upgrade it to something better. I would mostly be using it for hunting deer antelope out to 600 is yards and targets to 1000...any ideas of what I should be looking at for scopes in the leupold nightforce range would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Be patient and find a used Bushnell LRHS. Great feature set, great glass, and most importantly, tracks, returns to zero, and holds zero like it should. Have seen several pre owned in the $800 range.

Two other options are the SWFA FIXED 10x, either classic or HD, and the SWFA 3-9. Yes, 9x is enough to do what you've described, and for hunting, I prefer the bolder reticle on the 3-9. Feature set is not as extensive as with the LRHS, but they track, return to zero and hold zero just as well.

John

I will second the Burris Veracity option. I have a 2-10x42 (for sale in classifieds) and 5-25x50. I love the glass and I think it's a tough scope to beat for the money. I shopped for the 5-25 for quite awhile and found one for $750 =)

*Only reason I'm selling 2-10 is because of the higher mag I upgraded to*

I was pleasantly surprised with the recent purchase of a SHV for a budget rifle. The glass is every bit as good as my NXS's.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.