Which rings?

okie man

I just bought a new cz550 Varmit and ordered a vortex viper 6.5x20x44 with 30mm tube. Any idea on which rings I need?

Height. I have the scope, waiting for gun but don't want to order rings until I have both or someone can tell me what they used! Either cz or leupold rings

I guess you didnt want to use the calculator... You need a 1 inch high ring if you do not use a scope cover, if you do you need 2mm higher or 1.1 inch or higher.

I just got the scope last night. I mocked it up last night and the mediums,.55 cz mounts will be fine! Just gotta wait a week for the rings to get here to shoot the dang thing.

Cz 550, square bridge Mauser action with dove tail for rings to clamp to! The mediums measure .55 from bottom of base to bottom of scope!

It sounds like if you add in the distance for your scope tube radius (~30mm/2), you have the 1.1" ring height eklarsen was talking about.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.