which rings?

rangerxp

Hi all, just wondering which rings you guys thought would be good for my Rem. 700 sps with a Leopold VX-III 6.5-24x. I'll be shooting out to about 1000 yards. Also, should I get a 40mm or 50mm tube? Thanks in advance.

Burris Signature with 20moa inserts will alow you to get enough come ups and still have the scope internals somewhat centered.

x2 on the Burris Signature. I have them on double dovetail bases. I have a .020 in the back and I can just barely zero at 100 yards. That leaves nearly all the adjustment in the scope for elevation. Cheaper than a tapered base and won't mess up your scope. Couldn't be happier.

For long range shooting, you can't beat Ken Farrell rings and mount, and you can get up to 20 moa elevation. Not cheap but the best never is.

Glen Seekins rings and bases are secound to NONE and are priced slightly below the Nighforce,Badger,etc and offer 4 or 6 screw rings with a neater profile....

Check them out;

www.Seekinsprecsion.com

You do really sound like a happy man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Good choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.