Which rifle, to get. Christensen, kimber Montana, bergara premier highlander

This is exactly what you hear about Christensen....no first hand experience, but willing to voice a negative opinion because he "heard" something bad about them...

I have shot several of their carbon fiber barrels and they are excellent.

Maybe I should have written that a bit better.. I have heard from 4 Christensen owners of their carbon barrels they are crap.. so yes, second hand knowledge. I have never owned a Christensen arms gun, but I know 4 owners of them. sorry for making your job so easy to criticize an over caffeinated in a rush gunsmith.

I just bought a Fierce and so far it seems to shoot well, is well balanced and comfortable but they don't have a 280ai, just the 28 Nosler. A well know gun writer/editor recommended the Kimber to me but I stumbled on this deal.

I have a Kimber Custom (walnut stock) in .280 AI. I love it. It shot OK for the first 40 shots, but improved markedly after I changed to a DNZ mount and SWFA 3.5x15 scope. The scope is on the heavy side, but even so, total rifle weight is only 7 lbs. 12 oz. It shoots well under MOA with the loads I have fed it. I don't have any experience with the other candidates you mentioned.

Maybe I should have written that a bit better.. I have heard from 4 Christensen owners of their carbon barrels they are crap.. so yes, second hand knowledge. I have never owned a Christensen arms gun, but I know 4 owners of them. sorry for making your job so easy to criticize an over caffeinated in a rush gunsmith.

I'm sure we'd, or at least I'd, like a chance of buying those turds for half price if they're as bad as you say. I must say I've got some of their mentioned rifles and they shoot 1/2 moa.

211CAAE7-EF6B-4601-B3AB-7A8E8801AC90.jpeg

Last edited:
I have Bergara and Kimber. Bergara are better rifles in my opinion. I have had a few of each and the Bergara have been consistently accurate. I have had to work to make the Kimbers truly accurate.

Have a Kimber, fun but don't shoot. My CA shoots but was expensive. My Bergara shoots real good but feeds poorly. my Tikkas shoot great , feed great but dislike safety. Mod 70 feeds great, shoots okay, love safety, is heavy.
I want a Mod seventy clone that is lighter. Suggestions?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.