Bergara Highlander

Dvldad

This rifle has been out for a little while now and it's been on my radar. Does anyone have any experience with it? There aren't really any reviews out there.

Here are links to some Highlander reviews:
You can also search YouTube for video reviews
RR

Here are links to some Highlander reviews:
You can also search YouTube for video reviews
RR
That's the same stuff I've been reading. I was hoping for someone here with first hand experience. I had a Christensen Mesa that was exceptionally accurate and I had to have the cool Carson barrel so I traded it in for a ridgeline. And the ridgeline shot ok it was definitely sub moa but not like my Mesa. So I traded it in on a new ridgeline 300 wm and that thing was awful. I took it back and they are sending it back to Christensen. I don't want another Christensen so I've been looking at these highlanders for a while now. They look like a very well made rifle. The only reason I went with the ridgeline over the highlander the last time was the weight. The highlander looks to be just under a lb more than the ridgeline. I will post up some info and groups when I get the rifle and maybe help out anyone else who is on the fence.

I received my bergara highlander. Mounted a Leupold vx5 hd 3-15x44 scope on it took it out and shot and tried some factory ammo first. I tried some nosler trophy grade 180gr ab and they shot right at .78". Then I tried a box of the berger ammo in the 215gr. I put the first three shots touching which measured .3". Then I tried some h1000 and the 215 gr berger in Adg brass with cci 250 primers. And these shot unreal I really can't ask for anything better than this. These are impressive rifles to say the least. They are not cheap but they are less than having a rifle built and shoot just as good.

Attachments

• 43A15682-5C5E-4431-9A62-7D8D9C0238C9.jpeg
    43A15682-5C5E-4431-9A62-7D8D9C0238C9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 613
Nice shooting! Does that really say 7.850" is your OAL? Or is that a typo. Haha I wanna see that round! Or are you measuring in centimeters? Just confused because you gave group sizes in inches haha.

Omg yea thank you for catching that for me :) it's 2.850 from the ogive. Wow I would have been scratching my head there.

Recently purchased a Bergara Highlander in 300 PRC. Put a Nightforce NXS on it. First group with Hornady 225 gr ELD-M factory ammo was 3/8". I've loaded several different bullets (Berger 210 VLD; 200, 212, and 220 ELD-X; 225 ELD-M; and 250 A-Tip) with increasing charges to find the best powder charge. Then will work on seating depth.

Longest COAL is with the 250 gr A-Tip. It's 3.81" long seated 0.020" off lands. Still feeds from the mag, though I don't think I'd slam it in. Pretty sure this is longer than most production mags which are typically 3.71.

Throat is nice and tight. You can feel some smooth resistance as the bullets enter the last 1/2" or so, but not enough to pull the bullet out of the comparator.

Hoping to dial this one in to shoot 1/4" MOA or better with low ES (less than 20). Just need the weather to cooperate a bit!

When Bergara came out with their first rifles, I thought to myself, "Oh, another company jumping on the Tacticraze Long Range Rifle market!" And thought it would be no better than all the others. But I've since had to adjust my opinion on Bergara. Kept seeing good things about them. Just lately I bought a Bergara BMR (steel) 22LR because it only weighs 5.5 lbs and I wanted to try it for free range limb chicken here in the flat woods of NE AR. This little thing shoots as well as my CZ 452 and Tikka T1X--both of which are heavier rifles. I also like the stock. Much more substantial and rigid than the Tikka.

I absolutely don't need another centerfire (I keep saying that to myself), but if I did, I would cast serious study upon the Bergara models.

Recent Posts