Which rifle, to get. Christensen, kimber Montana, bergara premier highlander

Butcherman88

Hello, all been following the site for sometime finally made the jump to be a member. I'm in need of some advice I'm to get a good factory rifle chambered in 280 Ackley. I've knocked off the savage ultralight since it had a 22 inch I want full potential of the caliber. Thanks all!

I've thought about semi custom, but I seen the quality of these factory rifle and I was at aw. Like the kimber Montana due to the fact I'm fan of the model 70 and also how light of a rifle it is. Also figured I could use it as a good base line of a build down the road. the begara premiere look's just like a **** good shooter for a out of box rifle, and is sharp. Thanks for the reply!

Personally for that kind of money, I would have a semi-custom built with a match grade barrel. If you're set on factory, I'd lean towards the Kimber or Bergara. I've seen too many issues from Christensen Arms rifles to pay that much for one.
Im about to buy my second Christensen rifle. What have you personally seen in any of the newer products they offer?

Apples and oranges...Kimber and Bergara don't make carbon barreled rifles. Unless you are thinking about a Mesa not a Ridgeline from Christensen?

If you want a carbon barreled rifle then yes the new Savage will be your best bang for your buck, don't let the 50fps less on the 22" barrel worry you. No animal in the world could tell the difference.

Apples and oranges...Kimber and Bergara don't make carbon barreled rifles. Unless you are thinking about a Mesa not a Ridgeline from Christensen?

If you want a carbon barreled rifle then yes the new Savage will be your best bang for your buck, don't let the 50fps less on the 22" barrel worry you. No animal in the world could tell the difference.
I was just interested the three rifles mentioned, I understand what saying about the kimber and bergara not being carbon barrels, I like all 3 styles of the rifles I want a 280 AI so bad I can taste it!

I have been looking at those 3 rifle brands as well. Been needing to get a lighter weight calling rifle in 243. From my research I am thinking Kimber first & then Bergara next. I hear too many mixed reviews on the Christensen. Those Kimber rifles are sexy as hell & really light.
Keep us posted!

I have been looking at those 3 rifle brands as well. Been needing to get a lighter weight calling rifle in 243. From my research I am thinking Kimber first & then Bergara next. I hear too many mixed reviews on the Christensen. Those Kimber rifles are sexy as hell & really light.
Keep us posted!
I was originally on the bergara premiere train, with the reason it's quite bit heavier, would make it a absolute tack driver. Then I got my eye's on the kimber it look's sleek and lighter weight.

I've got a Highlander in 280ai. The scope should be here this coming week and I've got to get a pair of rings opened up to #8 screws (Hawkins long range hybrids). Should be shooting in a week or so. It feels good and the weight is good without being overly heavy or too light.

I thought I heard that the 280ai was out of the 2020 lineup, so if you want one I would look into that or hurry and grab one. Shoot me a pm if you have any specific questions or want more info

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.