New Christensen Mesa vs Kimber Montana

dakotakidd

Sold a couple guns and looking into a light weight gun for hunting trips out west. I have always liked the Kimber Montana but now the new Christensen arms mesa looks interesting for around the same price. I think I can get a Montana for around $1200 and I've seen the mesa should retail for 1200ish. Any thoughts on this? Looking at both in 7mm-08, both 22" barrels, mesa comes with a break, montana comes threaded. Montana looks to be just over 5lbs and the mesa around 6.5lbs but doesn't specify if that is the weight of a long action or short. Stock wise it appears to be similar materials but I think the Montana has aluminum pillars, not sure about the mesa. Both guarantee sub moa.
What do you guys think?

Was that before the sub moa guarantee? How did it shoot, I've heard a lot of mixed feeling with the montanas but it could be people struggling to shoot a super lightweight rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.