Christensen Mesa issues

Yeah I'm very very annoyed by them. They definitely do not stand by they're product. How can they tell me it's a sub moa rifle when they didn't even fire a live round through it. I'm at the point now though where I just bought it a few months ago and if I sell it I'm probably going to lose few hundred bucks, which is hard for me to swallow

Yeah I'm very very annoyed by them. They definitely do not stand by they're product. How can they tell me it's a sub moa rifle when they didn't even fire a live round through it. I'm at the point now though where I just bought it a few months ago and if I sell it I'm probably going to lose few hundred bucks, which is hard for me to swallow
Did you buy it from a bigger retailer? My friend was able to return his get in store credit and purchase a different rifle.

We tried four different Christensen rifles here and none of them would shoot anything under a 5 inch group
As we have had a lot of expertise with all makes and models of rifles with bedding,triggers,special loads,and every possible thing to make them shoot and still we took them back for a refund
My thought is that maybe the carbon rap is acting like the stock touching the barrel and throwing out the harmonics when being fired
They are an expensive rifle that doesnt shoot as good as a Tika or a Lithgow 102

Ive tried 2 different scopes and am having the same issues. Ive used sand bags, a Harris bipod and Ive also used a BOG death grip
Loosen your action screws and tighten again. Pay very close attention as you tighten them to see if the stock is putting torque strain on the action. See if recoil lug is making contact.

I must just be lucky..I have 2 ridgelines 7mm mag and 6.5 cm and my buddy has a Mesa 7mm08 ...the least accurate of the three is the Mesa and it shoots 140 accubond less than 3/4" @ 100

Torque the action screws to 65 pounds..open floor plate..use your fingers to see if the box magazine will move freely on both ends..if it does good..if it doesn't take the box out and lay it on the flat side of a grinding wheel taking off a little bit at a time ..clean off the edges with a file..repeat this until you have a little play in it..when you get some play use some type of bluing on the edge and your done...make sure that you use 65 pounds of torque every time you check it
X2 on floating the magazine box. Ive ran across several 700s that the mag box was too tall & binding when action screws were tight

Thin Sporter weight barrel or heavy barrel?

We tried four different Christensen rifles here and none of them would shoot anything under a 5 inch group
As we have had a lot of expertise with all makes and models of rifles with bedding,triggers,special loads,and every possible thing to make them shoot and still we took them back for a refund
My thought is that maybe the carbon rap is acting like the stock touching the barrel and throwing out the harmonics when being fired
They are an expensive rifle that doesnt shoot as good as a Tika or a Lithgow 102
The Mesa does not have a Carbon Wrapped barrel.

Have you ran your ammo through a chronograph to check the SD, there was mention of it possibility being bad. This spring we had a 6.5 prc that acted the same way. and the SD was 72 fps. different, factory ammo. good luck.

No. 3 on, Check the magazine when the action screws are torqued. The action may be binding on the magazine and not sitting flat and straight on the bedding.

No. 3 on, Check the magazine when the action screws are torqued. The action may be binding on the magazine and not sitting flat and straight on the bedding.
Try taking the mag box out and shooting it. For all intents and purposes I had a 450 bushmaster that shot 1.5" groups with handloads feeding singly like I accuracy test. I put the magazine in and it cut a ragged 5 shot hole around 3/4" not bad for a .45 bullet at 108 yards. A bit of action tension does strange things.

I agree about the mag box, it can definitely cause inconsistency.

How do you know they didn't fire a live round through it?