Which rifle, to get. Christensen, kimber Montana, bergara premier highlander

Hello, all been following the site for sometime finally made the jump to be a member. I'm in need of some advice I'm to get a good factory rifle chambered in 280 Ackley. I've knocked off the savage ultralight since it had a 22 inch I want full potential of the caliber. Thanks all!
So I have a bergara premier approach 6mm creedmoor and a CA BA Tactical in 6.5 PRC - love them both and they are both consistent 1/2-1/4 moa guns. Everybody keeps talking about Christensen issues, but I haven't seen them. Plus they have an accuracy guarantee - so its hard to go wrong. The action on the bergara is the smoothest I have ever run - smoother than a lot of customs. I say flip a coin with either of those. No experience with the Kimber, so I will defer.

Everyone one is a factory built rifle, you have a chance of getting a turd with any one of them.

I am reaching the point if I am going to spend more than the price of a tikka t3 then I may as well save up a bit and have one built to exactly what I want.
Yeah, but all of the factory rifles listed have a sub moa accuracy guarantee. You have a chance of getting a turd with a custom as well.

I've got a Highlander in 280ai. The scope should be here this coming week and I've got to get a pair of rings opened up to #8 screws (Hawkins long range hybrids). Should be shooting in a week or so. It feels good and the weight is good without being overly heavy or too light.

I thought I heard that the 280ai was out of the 2020 lineup, so if you want one I would look into that or hurry and grab one. Shoot me a pm if you have any specific questions or want more info
Yeah I was just on there website and 280 AI is not listed! So apparently they did drop it from the list. They do still offer the 280 Ackley but it is in a different style.

I love my Kimber but I did have to take a very fine stone to the area around the magazine well and the edge of the bolt face to keep it from eating my brass.
Took a few pieces of brass and some cussing before I noticed it was just some rough edges that I could fix easily.

Just my two cents worth but I just purchased a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC and it shoots fantastic with factory ammo. I haven't had a chance yet to start loading for it but am sure it is going to be a .5 MOA rifle. I also bought a CA Traverse in 300PRC and it is shooting 1/2 MOA to 500 yards with 199 Grain and 214 Grain Hammers with H-1000.
Two rifles purchased and 2 shooters so far.

I reload for a friend who bought a 280AI, Kimber. I couldn't believe how well it shoot for what it is, I was expecting groups over 1.5"s regardless of what Kimber said, his shoots under MOA and has from the very start. Two more friends liked his rifle and bought the same gun, one shoots under MOA and the other shoots just over MOA. These are groups are being shoot with lots of time for the barrel to cool in between shots. I would have to think that more than 3-4 shoots in fast succession would spread the POA considerably. I've been impressed. I haven't handle either of the other two and can't offer an opinion on them. These guys are hard core and hunt by foot many miles back in a very rugged area, the rifles have made difference from the old stock Remington's they all had, incredibly light and handy.

Get a Mausingfield action with the bolt face you need, have Shilen rifles make you their best barrel to suite (buy the barrel nut, wrench, go/nogo gauges), torque wrench for the screws, H-S precision stock with bottom metal. Put it together yourself: need a vise and fitted wood blocks to hold the barrel to 40ftlbs torque. You can do it! and you will have the best rifle possible (the heart is the barrel) for around $3,000

Bergara.

If you are looking for a light weight mountain hunting rifle, Bergara builds one:

"The Bergara Premier Series Mountain rifle features a 100% Carbon Fiber stock made to reduce weight to a meager 6.2-6.4 lbs."

Bergara has redone their entire line up for 2020. Everything is launching new at the SHOT Show this week. Their new catalog is on their website.

Their B14 line has been their base lineup and then it jumps to the Premier lineup. The new lineup includes a new line in between the two.

I personally shoot the Bergara Highlander. I will be buying my second one this week after SHOT Show. Obviously I am a Bergara fan.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.