which one.....Nightforce SHV 4-14X50 F1 or Razor Gen 2 3-18x50?

Elkwonder

I am setting up a couple rifles, a 280AI and a 300 win mag and want to put the same scope on each gun so that they feel and handle exactly the same. These scope will be going on LAW professional rifles.

Would you go with the Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 or Razor Gen2 3-18x50?

Lets act like they cost the same amount of money and that money was NO CONSIDERATION. I get a nice military discount on the razor. It doesn't get it down to the price of the Nightforce, but Im not worried about the difference. I am NOT interested in any other scope but these two models.

I know that the night force is VERY RELIABLE, and Im not sure which one has the better glass, probably razor maybe???

Also I know that the 34 mm tube makes it a pain some times for rounds ejecting. Also the Razor is exactly 16.5 ounces heavier. :rolleyes:

SO if money was no consideration which of these two would you choose and why? Thanks for the help...

I am setting up a couple rifles, a 280AI and a 300 win mag and want to put the same scope on each gun so that they feel and handle exactly the same. These scope will be going on LAW professional rifles.

Would you go with the Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 or Razor Gen2 3-18x50?

Lets act like they cost the same amount of money and that money was NO CONSIDERATION. I get a nice military discount on the razor. It doesn't get it down to the price of the Nightforce, but Im not worried about the difference. I am NOT interested in any other scope but these two models.

I know that the night force is VERY RELIABLE, and Im not sure which one has the better glass, probably razor maybe???

Also I know that the 34 mm tube makes it a pain some times for rounds ejecting. Also the Razor is exactly 16.5 ounces heavier. :rolleyes:

SO if money was no consideration which of these two would you choose and why? Thanks for the help...
Nightforce shv. I chose this one. I think ihas better glass than razor. But thats personal taste. I like the moar reticle for wind. I dial for elevation and hold for wind.

I am liking the night force better myself honestly........just wondering if I was crazy to like the night force better when its almost half the price....lol

While I like the Gen II, I think it's wrong for that setup. I have a LAW Professional in 7 Rem Mag. I'd take the SHV for the weight. I think the Gen II would mess up the feel/balance of the rifle. It's a good problem to have!

Personally, I think the MOAR reticle is really hard to beat. On the other hand, if Vortex has fixed the ridiculous eye box problem from the Gen 1 Razor.... The Gen II should be a bad SOB....

Flip a quarter bro.... you really can't lose.

t

Personally, I think the MOAR reticle is really hard to beat. On the other hand, if Vortex has fixed the ridiculous eye box problem from the Gen 1 Razor.... The Gen II should be a bad SOB....

Flip a quarter bro.... you really can't lose.

t
Best response to 99% of these which scope is best threads unless someone is comparing a Millet to a S&B.

Nightforce, in case I need a jack handle or something to beat a moose to death with.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.