Nightforce 50mm or 56mm?? Which One..

I am the OP. I just want to say thanks for all of your comments! I decided that I am going to buy the 56mm....really no negatives besides weight. I wont be hunting Marco Polo Sheep with it so I don't think a few ounces will make any difference.

I think that I am going to wait to see if NF comes out with anything new for 2015 before I buy, unless I find a super deal this year:)

Keep comments coming...great to read them!

We were sitting at around 175 yards to the deer we were scoping, so we compared ours at the lowest settings.

The ATACR was definitely easier to see thru. The image has more contrast and clarity...its the only way I can describe it. Its definitely on par with my S&B and my Kahles.

What do you mean by "clarity" ? That it resolved better? Or that it was brighter? No doubt the ED glass helps with "clarity" as it controls various abberations.

What do you mean by "clarity" ? That it resolved better? Or that it was brighter? No doubt the ED glass helps with "clarity" as it controls various abberations.

It just looked more clear. Easier to pick details out in the woods especially as it got darker.

I didn't really look at the scopes critically during full sunny conditions but colors and images in basic use looked a bit more vibrant with the ATACR. Wasn't night and day but there was a difference.

And yes, I know the OP was asking about NXS scopes but it's a small up charge relatively speaking to move up to the ATACR, especially when you add the zero stop option on the NXS.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts